Have you every purchased some super random item that ended up finding its use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerwiffle

Reaction score
There's a Goodwill store on my way when I walk the long way home. Needless to say, I go there all the time. It's such a crapshoot, but most of the time I can find something to add to my project. I have been trying to have the proper glassware for any kind/style of drink/beverage. (Favorite random find is the Quaffer shot glass).

Anyways one day I stumble upon this random brand new tiny yellow cooler with the sticker still on it. It will literally just fit like a can of soda. Some google searches shows it is from the 90s from some brand CLIK. Wow, so cool I think. It has sat in my cupboard for about 8 months now.

Today I met up with a guy to buy a O2 wand and was just checking out all the other stuff I could snag while I was there. Ended up buying some glycerin and 50mL tubes. The research started, and wouldn't you know it--you want to freeze it slowly. Suggested tools: a cooler. Not sure how long it took before it all kicked in, but that 99 cent outlay will produce some serious dividends when I keg this beer in about 2 weeks!

IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1036.jpeg

So what cool/random things have you bought on a whim that ended up having a "purpose"?

That tiny yellow cooler came with kids lunchboxes in the 90's. I drilled holes in the top of one and used it for a worm bait box for years. I have another around here some place that was a Cub Scout First Aid kit project.

Back