Do new weldless cooler kits need to be sanitized or cleaned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesie9

Reaction score
Hello,

Just received my new weldless cooler and kettle conversion kits from bargain fittings and I was wondering if they needed to be sanitized or cleaned prior to installing them?

Hello,

Just received my new weldless cooler and kettle conversion kits from bargain fittings and I was wondering if they needed to be sanitized or cleaned prior to installing them?

Not sure, but sometimes fittings come with a light layer of assembly oil. I'd definitely clean them, and a dunk in star-san is never a bad idea.

Hello,

I'm guessing all of your new hardware is stainless steel. If so, just wash it all really well in very hot water and oxiclean and rinse really well. If any of it is brass then you should treat it to remove lead first and then rinse in hot water..

Latest posts

Back