Do I need to replace C02 regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotSoNew2Brew

Reaction score
I kegged a beer last night and force carbonated. This morning went to purge any gunk that settled. One thing I didn't realize was that when I poured out the bottom of beer, the C02 wouldn't kick on. It didn't dawn on me because the hissing soung is faint, but when I raised pressure so I could have it a little over carbonated to fill some bottles, the C02 didn't crank on until I raised it from 12 psi to around 18 psi. One thing I did notice too was that the fridge was at 33 degrees cuz I was cold crashing and didn't raise temp. any words please??????

It seems the regulator is jammed I guess....? If anyone can comment it would be helpful because iy obviously is not carbing or refilling with C02 once I pour..... Thank you

No... That's the thing. It doesn't show in the red on the..

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

You could take your regulator apart and clean it out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Home Brew mobile app

Dismantled it, put it back together, and it seems to work fine. I wonder if it was too cold or somethin. If anyone else has chilled at or around 33 and had issues with their regulator id like to know. I keep the c02 in the chest/keezer

Latest posts

Back