Do I have time to make Election Night Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer is good

Reaction score
Hello,

I want some Donald Trump Victory beer. Is there anything that will taste ok on November 8th if I start it this week?

Edelweiss, or some similarly-made hefeweizen, should be ready (and delicious) in about 3 weeks, give or take....

Edelweiss, or some similarly-made hefeweizen, should be ready (and delicious) in about 3 weeks, give or take....

Do you have the recipe for Edelweiss??

I had it fresh in Europe and it blew my mind, best beer I've ever consumed. I tried finding recipes (not that I could brew it on their level) to no avail

Pic:

gdw6Ajg.jpg

Hi, @saltymirv - that is an absolutely beautiful-looking beer!

I do have the recipe for this, but it is in .pdf format. I am reluctant to post it on the open forum because it isn't "my" recipe.

If you can shoot me a PM with your email address, I'd be happy to forward it over. That goes for anyone else who might be interested.

I also have some notes from when I made this here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=585203

This is actually a great time of year to make this. It is normally a late/winter/early spring beer, but the weather is similar to the weather now.

This was definitely in my top 5 of favourite brews - possibly even top 3. The hops aren't "traditional," but I recommend trying them at least once. You can always switch to some good German Noble Hops on your next brew, but the ones for this recipe are, in a really nice way, appropriate.

Let me know, and thanks!

Ron

PM'd. That's ballsy to bottle straight from the fermenter, like what if it was a slow starting fermentation? I can see it retaining a lot of flavor if you can get the process down though

Back