DME Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babelfish

Reaction score
im looking to brew my fourth beer and want to continue with extract before investing more money into all grain. Usually ill but the kits that have everything all packaged together, but this time i want to piece the ingredients together to make a recipe i found here . the ingredient list is as follows:

6 lbs Amber Dry Extract (Munton)
0.75 lbs Carafoam
0.25 lbs Chocolate Malt
1 oz Dark Brown Sugar

1.00 oz Williamette (4.7%)
1.00 oz Fuggles (4.3%)

1 packet Safale US-05

Does Amber Malt Extract need to be hopped? All the kits from my LHBS had the DME and bittering hops in one bag, which im assuming they mixed together before packaging it. When i looked on the Midwest supply site they do have an already hopped LME and i believe i saw a DME hopped amber as well. In the instructions the Williamette hops goes in with the DME so is it safe to assume that acts as the bittering hops? Sorry if this is a dumb question i just want to make sure i order the correct ingredients. Thanks to all!!!

Latest posts

Back