DME in kits or just LME?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agbrewer03

Reaction score
Quick question, are there kits with DME? We have a liquid restriction for our mail and I want to see what my alternative is if LME wont make it through.

If there are not DME kits, I assume I would have to go off of recipes to know what to order?

Then check your area's restrictions for precise code. Liquid restrictions usually mean perfume & other flamables. LME likely won't be concidered the same. I get it in kits all the time,& Fed-Ex & UPS both have restrictions on shipping flamables.

Then check your area's restrictions for precise code. Liquid restrictions usually mean perfume & other flamables. LME likely won't be concidered the same. I get it in kits all the time,& Fed-Ex & UPS both have restrictions on shipping flamables.

Its different regs for me, not physically in the US, but have a US mailing address.

I do not know that there are DME or LME only kits. I would assume it would depend on what flavors you are trying to get out of the malt extract as to what would be used. I assume you are deployed overseas by your US postal address while not being physically in the US. I would call or email some of the stores you plan on ordering from and see what they have availible as far as DME only kits.

I recently ordered Jamils Evil Twin IPA kit from Northern Brewer and it is all DME.
So to answer your question, yes there are DME only kits.
To find out which ones they are, I would call or email Northern Brewer.

Austin home brew offers dme in a lot of their kits. Other than that, you could always order the dme if you found a recipe on here.

Back