DME conversion to AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolcoms

Reaction score
So I brewed this recipe up and it was a hit with friends and family. I wanted to see if anyone can con vert the DME to AG. Here is part of the recipe. BTW, this is for a 5g batch. Thanks in advance.

½ Pound Flaked Oats
½ Pound Carapils Malt
½ Pound White Wheat Malt
¼ Pound Honey Malt
3 Pounds Golden Light DME
1.5 Pound Wheat DME

One pound of grain equals .6 lb DME. The light DME can be replaced with 5 lbs of grain. The wheat is a little more of a challenge. Look up the brand of wheat DME you used and figure out the precentage of wheat to 2-row in the mix and do the math for that. For example Briess wheat DME is 65% wheat and 35% barley.

for light/ex-light DME divide by .6
Should hold for the wheat too. Darker DME takes a lot of experimenting

5lbs 2-row
2.5lbs wheat

So I brewed this recipe up and it was a hit with friends and family. I wanted to see if anyone can con vert the DME to AG. Here is part of the recipe. BTW, this is for a 5g batch. Thanks in advance.

½ Pound Flaked Oats
½ Pound Carapils Malt
½ Pound White Wheat Malt
¼ Pound Honey Malt
3 Pounds Golden Light DME
1.5 Pound Wheat DME

Keep all the specialty grains the same. For the 3 pounds of DME, use 5 pounds of US two-row, and for the 1.5 pounds of wheat DME, use 1.25 pounds of wheat malt and 1.25 pounds of two-row (call it 1.5 pounds of each, to make my math easier!)

That means the new recipe would be:
½ Pound Flaked Oats
½ Pound Carapils Malt
2 Pounds White Wheat Malt
¼ Pound Honey Malt
6.5 Pounds two-row

Thanks guys! I cant wait to do my first AG! I need to start doing more research!

Back