DIY project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilzner

Reaction score
You too can brew......if you have $45,000 !!!!??

Home-Brewery-Header.png

take a look

Anyone know what kind of valves those are?

or build it yourself....save a bundle and be proud.

My system

It doesn't "pitch" the hops in itself with that kind of a tag? Rubbish.

Also, I'm pretty sure I would be more proud owning setup #1. But that's just me.

Hah. My wife loves that catalog (not that we can afford half the crazy stuff in there). They actually have some sort of airplane contraption they sell for a few hundred thousand, if I remember correctly.

Zooming in, it looks like most of that stuff is Blichmann gear.

Edit: here's the crazy flying car they sell. $350k. http://www.hammacher.com/Product/11812

That thing is overpriced at half the price.

Totally agree. I called them to try and find out who makes it and what valves they use.
They said they would call me back in 48 hours......I'll post as soon as I hear back.

Thought I would chime in on the "kind of valves".
Those are actually pneumatic operated tube end valves that require an air supply to operate. The "silver and black box" mounted on the side of the actuator (the part with the yellow arrow indicator) is a solenoid valve. When energized it will allow the valve to open or close depending on the fail position. The valves are a compression type tube fitting. I sell this stuff at work so I thought I would share my bit of knowledge.

Thought I would chime in on the "kind of valves".
Those are actually pneumatic operated tube end valves that require an air supply to operate. The "silver and black box" mounted on the side of the actuator (the part with the yellow arrow indicator) is a solenoid valve. When energized it will allow the valve to open or close depending on the fail position. The valves are a compression type tube fitting. I sell this stuff at work so I thought I would share my bit of knowledge.

Thanks! do you have a model number by any chance? I'd love to learn more about them and compare to the other valves that are scattered on this site.
What are the pros and cons to using these?

This same thing was here a couple weeks ago, but my searching skilz suck. Just sayin"

Thanks! do you have a model number by any chance? I'd love to learn more about them and compare to the other valves that are scattered on this site.
What are the pros and cons to using these?

Well lots of people make them, we sell this brand http://www.sharpevalves.com/product-series86.htmlas well as a few others. Because these are tube fittings they are a 1 time use so once you tighten down the nut on the tubing it is a done deal. This can be good and bad I suppose but once they are tight they can handle quite a bit of pressure so leaks are usually rare for a low pressure system like this. Search Google for tube fittings or the brand Swagelok for more info on these type of fittings.

As for the pneumatic actuator and solenoid these are also made by several companies, we stock this brand http://www.max-airtechnology.com/.

This particular system uses a controller to tell the valves when to open and when to close.

Hope this gives you a little more info, let me know if you have other questions I will help as best I can.

Latest posts

Back