DIY Blower for Tap Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wlampe

Reaction score
I am building a kegerator with a tower.

I am having the hardest time trying to find instructions on how to make a blower out of a computer fan with a parts list (from radio shack, etc.).

i have found instructions that go like halfway there and give you parts lists and pictures but not how it was put together (a dummies version)

Anyone know of any posts or ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

Here is my parts list and a short description of how to throw it together, maybe it'll help: clicky.. There are also pictures of the box in that thread.

Blowers keep towers and taps cool. Unless you're into foamy first pulls, or your temp differential between fridge and ambient is low, or you dispense mainly at parties, a blower really helps.
They also keep the air circulating in the fridge which eliminates stratification and helps the fridge run more efficiently.

In my experience, these fan boxes just take up more space than they're worth.

I strongly disagree, a well built blower moved my tower temperature down around ten degrees, resulting in a much better first pour.

Latest posts

Back