Distance from Cajun Classic brass mini jets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbobble

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Happy Friday.
Hey just checking to see what the minimum safe distance is my stainless steel Brutus 10 clone and stainless steel kegs need to be from those powerful little mini-jets. I finally got everything all put together today and after I fired it up, it looks like the flame may actually be touching the stainless steel frame and it's definitely going to be touching the pots :)
The guy at the Cajun Classic store I purchased them from said the pot need to be kept 12" from from the flame. I'm not sure if he thought I was using aluminum or what. Anyone know? Right now, the jets are about maybe 6-8" max from the pots. I have a 23 jet burner on the HLT and the boil kettle and I have a smaller 10 jet on the MT. It's a beautiful thing to look at after I got it fully assembled and I'd hate to warp it or damage it in any way. Then again, it's stainless so maybe I don't have to worry about it. Anyone know if I need to worry?
Thanks folks,

Okay let me rephrase here...
What distance do you guys have your kettles from your burners?

what do you have..the 16" square ss frame then added a 23 tip ring burner? what is the diameter of the ring? what type of brew pot are you using?

I just saw the brutus 10 frame on u tube your burner may be too large if it's firing the framework

Hi thanks for the reply!
I'm not near the stand at the moment and I forget the measurements but the frame is exactly as the plans state (except for the burners). I'm also not sure how big the ring is (man I suck right now!). The pot I'm using is a converted SS 15.5 gallon keggle. I'll reply back once I get the measurements.

The opening in the frame under the SS keggle through which the fire comes is 12". The 23 tip burner is 9" across.

I am using a different burner, but have mine spaced 3" from the pot... Flame height shown in attached picture is @ 'medium'.

image-1226848843.jpg

Back