Displaying Potentiometer (PWM) Values

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you could do something like that but it seems simpler to put a differential op amp between the lower pin and the wiper and set its gain such that it produces 100 mV when the wiper is at the top then display that voltage with a mV meter.

I have been looking this for a few days. Trying to imagine how an op amp would make for a more simple solution.

Can you provide more detail?

Well I suppose simplicity is ultimately in the eye of the beholder but the op amp approach only requires adding the op amp, a couple of resistors and a voltage indicating device. No mods need to be done to the controller other than connecting a couple of wires to tap the wiper voltage and power supply. The dual ganged potentiometer requires first finding a dual ganged potentiometer with one section that matches what is in the box and then getting that into the box, then tapping the power and finally connecting to a voltage display. If installing the new pot is a piece of cake and you have a proper one on hand that is easier than obtaining an op amp and wiring it in. I'm guessing that obtaining a suitable pot would be the most challenging part. Your decision.

Latest posts

Back