"Dirty Jobs"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The TV show Dirty Jobs is doing a session where Mike is bailying hops. HOPS by the hundreds of pounds. Not sure when it shows by you. On Discovery Channel

I'll have to wait till it comes on their youtube channel,no cable. Reminds me of old MTV,winger I think. brewin you's a dirty job,& I'm the man to do it!". lolz. But I have seen those big bales being made on youtube. 200lbs I think they were...made my eyes red just lookin at'em! :cross:

Netflix has several seasons of the Dirty Jobs series available for streaming. IIRC, last year, he went to Hops Direct and spent a day with them harvesting, feeding the stripper, drying, and bailing.

I was just looking on Netflix, I don't think this episode is available. Looks like it's Season 3, Episode 20 ("Vellum Maker"); Netflix Streaming has Dirty Jobs organized by "Collection," not by season, and I don't see this one.

EDIT: Or, you can buy it on Amazon Streaming for $1.99. That strikes me as insane; paying $2 to watch a single episode of a cable series?

Last edited by a moderator:
There was another one where he went to a craft brewery/rum distiller and he and the crew AND the hosts got plowed while filming.

I was just looking on Netflix, I don't think this episode is available. Looks like it's Season 3, Episode 20 ("Vellum Maker"); Netflix Streaming has Dirty Jobs organized by "Collection," not by season, and I don't see this one.

Hmm. Maybe then it's the browser I use to access Netflix. Once in the Dirty Jobs collection they are all listed as;

'Title' - E#:S#

E = Episode, S= Season.

Was almost certain I had seen the Vellum Maker episode but I , admittedly, did not stream it because I have seen it before (and I was looking for the Ghann's Cricket Farm episode).

Netflix has several seasons of the Dirty Jobs series available for streaming. IIRC, last year, he went to Hops Direct and spent a day with them harvesting, feeding the stripper, drying, and bailing.

yea that's the one they are showing her in Hawai`i. I guess on the mainland too

Well, in the browser version that shows up for me, it lists six "collections" and "Season 7." If it matters, I'm using Chrome. When I get a chance, I'll check and see how it's listed when I look it up on my Fire.

There was another one where he went to a craft brewery/rum distiller and he and the crew AND the hosts got plowed while filming.

Was it Ballast Point? I didn't see that episode, but that is the only craft brewery/rum distillery I am aware of.

I have seen the hops episode. Frankly, it wasn't really interesting...I mean it was somewhat interesting to see the machinery, but it's basically like any other farm equipment.

Was it Ballast Point? I didn't see that episode, but that is the only craft brewery/rum distillery I am aware of.

I have seen the hops episode. Frankly, it wasn't really interesting...I mean it was somewhat interesting to see the machinery, but it's basically like any other farm equipment.

rogue distills rum too!

Whoops - looks like it was Newport Distilling Co. and Coastal Exteeme Brewing.

DFH has a distillery division too.

In fact, there are a LOT of breweries that also have a distillery/distilled product.

Oddly enough, I met him at Founder's Brewing Co. when they were filming in the Grand Rapids area. Super nice guy. I think he was drinking Backwoods Bastard or Hand of Doom. I can't remember for some reason. :mug:

It was Coastal Extreme Brewing Co. here in Rhode Island. Makers of Newport Storm Beer and Thomas Tew Rum.

I'll have to hunt down this Hop episode as well. Haven't seen that one yet.

Back