DIPA with chinook, centennial, amarillo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonPopeil

Reaction score
14# 2 row pale
3# vienna
1# C10
1# C20

.5oz chinook @ 60
1 oz chinook @15
1.5 centennial @ 15
1.0 amarillo @ 15
.5 chinook @ 5
1.5 centennial @ 5

mash @ 153, 4L starter cali ale.

OG 1.089
FG 1.018
IBU 81

the hop schedule is a bit clunky imo. i have the oz of amarillo that i was intending to use to subdue the chinook funk a bit and focus on it's pine qualities.

help me out gents. i'm in foreign territory with chinook and centennial.

How did you like that combo if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering a DIPA with chinook/columbus/amarillo/citra, perhaps along with some other similar types in addition. I wasn't sure how it'd work out as a late addition in combination with the more citrus/fruity varieties. I have an excess of hops currently and am tempted to just mix half a dozen varieties together to see what happens

How did you like that combo if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering a DIPA with chinook/columbus/amarillo/citra, perhaps along with some other similar types in addition. I wasn't sure how it'd work out as a late addition in combination with the more citrus/fruity varieties. I have an excess of hops currently and am tempted to just mix half a dozen varieties together to see what happens
this is for a christmas party so it won't be brewed for another week.

Looks good to me. One of my favorite iipas is Chinook/centennial/simcoe. I'd imagine Amarillo would be equally delicious.

Back