Different worlds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I was talking to my business partner this morning. She was searching the Intertubes to find a place near Oakland that could take care of a baby squirrel she found on her morning walk.

I was watching videos on gopher trapping. Got one in the garden and under the newly planted lawn by the house. When I came back from getting a trap, one of my neighbors was setting a few himself, so I got a few pointers. Including covering the trap hole with a board to keep the dogs out.

The metroburb vs rural.

I grew up rural and my family raised animals. Its a different perspective. I never tire of telling stories about the farm chores like butchering animals and other fun stuff.

I honestly think some people think meat is made in a factory.

Mmmmm... meat!

I worked on the kill-floor at a packing plant in high school. Didn't last long, though. Really hard work.

Bagged a gopher this morning, but there ain't much meat on one. Just for grins I looked for recipes, but all I find is for gopher tortoises. No problem, I just put it out on a rock and some critter will eat it. Nothing goes to waste.

I think I have a squirrel in my attic. There's something scrambling around up there...

Gonna go to my vet this afternoon and see if I can borrow a live trap. (I'm a bleeding heart suburbs-type, I guess. :D)

On the other hand, my neighbors killed and butchered a hog on their back porch last weekend and had a pig roast. I have no problem with it, they're eating it after all.

Squirrel is good, but they are a royal pain to clean. Not worth it in my mind. Now, my neighbor's lost cow ...

I think I have a squirrel in my attic. There's something scrambling around up there...

Gonna go to my vet this afternoon and see if I can borrow a live trap. (I'm a bleeding heart suburbs-type, I guess. :D)

On the other hand, my neighbors killed and butchered a hog on their back porch last weekend and had a pig roast. I have no problem with it, they're eating it after all.

The large rat traps work great, I had to rid a house of some squirrels sometime, just peanut butter on the trigger works fine, breaks their neck quickly so humane compared to some other things I've heard of.

Latest posts

Back