Did I wait to long to bottle after adding sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnt

Reaction score
I dissolved my priming sugar in water added it to my secondary transfered my brew into my secondary but I did not bottle right away its been about 2 weeks?

Will it still carbonate if I bottle it now? :confused:

It's 3 gallons of a Canadian style extract brew hovering around 77degrees the FG was constant for 3 days before I transfered.

No, probably not.

But you can do it again. Just bottle it right away this time. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I will probably just bottle as is because if I do add more sugar arent I more likely to get bottle bombs?

The sugar you added should have fermented out in the last 2 weeks, so you will need to add more before you bottle. If you're worried about bottle bombs, take a gravity reading. If the gravity is higher than the FG was when you racked it (which it shouldn't be), you still have unfermented sugar in there.

A better question would be: "What is the final specific gravity of the beer?" In otherwords, take a hydrometer reading, wait two days and take another hydrometer reading. If they are the same, add five more ounces of corn sugar and BOTTLE IMMEDIATELY.

glenn514:mug:

Latest posts

Back