Did I get a bad kit or am I screwed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veazer

Reaction score
I just got my first wine kit in the mail and I think I've either gotten really unlucky or really screwed...

I wanted to try wine rather than beer for once, so I ordered an Eclipse Cab Sav w/ grape skins kit from (removed because haven't talked to them yet) and it arrived today. The outer box seemed fine, but the actual eclipse kit box was ripped on one side, poorly shrinkwrapped, and already seemed open or very close to it on both ends. This didn't seem all that crazy given how heavy the contents were and the fact that it's been in a truck for a few days, but then I opened it up and all it had was 2 bags and some merlot labels I felt like that wasn't right. I went online and it's supposed to have the bag of juice, bag of skins, and (cab sav?) labels that I got, plus 4 ingredient bags, yeast, a straining bag, and some oak chips? What I got didn't even have the instructions.

Has anyone else ordered a wine kit from (Same as above) before (all my previous orders have been through LHBS, (Also same as above))? I'm assuming I just RMA it and get a different one, right? Or is this a case of the price really being too good to be true (It was like 100 plus shipping...)?

You should have a juice bag, the bag with grape a package containing packet of yeast, bentonite, 2 packs of sulfites, a couple of finings, probably another bag with oak chips, and instructions. And Cabernet Sauvignon labels!

Did the box say Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot?

Did you order the Lodi Ranch 11 Cab Sav or another kit? List price is $169.95

If it is the right box then it is wrong and stuff is missing. The site says it is out of stock right now....

Did the box say Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot?

Did you order the Lodi Ranch 11 Cab Sav or another kit? List price is $169.95.

Box said cab sav, and so did the little label from the store. Lodi Ranch 11, yes. (The price was like 120 at the time plus I had a coupon. Seemed too good to be true but I figured they seem legit.)

Box said cab sav, and so did the little label from the store. Lodi Ranch 11, yes. (The price was like 120 at the time plus I had a coupon. Seemed too good to be true but I figured they seem legit.)

When I first went on the site I saw a page that had the price at $112.95. When you click on that it goes to the info page and ordering and shows out of stock.

If the wine kit box was not opened, I would not blame Homebrew Supply. It sounds more like a mix-up at Winexpert.

Back