diagramming software -> draw.io now supports line jumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
Good news...

For a long time now, I've been looking for a (cheaper/free) alternative to Visio for making electrical diagrams. The one thing that all of them seem to be lacking is the "line jump" feature.

draw.io just announced today that they support the feature.

FYI -
draw.io is completely free online diagram editor built around Google Drive(TM), that enables you to create flowcharts, UML, entity relation, network diagrams, mockups and more.

Looks good...

DAb9N6M.jpg

First, I love you!!! THANK YOU for posting this! I have been looooooking for something which has a decent library of stuff and isn't $200+. At first glance, this fits the bill!

Second, I would argue that jumps should not be used, but dots overlapping intersections that are electrically connected should. But hey, that's me. Either way, thanks again!

First, I love you!!! THANK YOU for posting this! I have been looooooking for something which has a decent library of stuff and isn't $200+. At first glance, this fits the bill!

Second, I would argue that jumps should not be used, but dots overlapping intersections that are electrically connected should. But hey, that's me. Either way, thanks again!

So, something like this...
cd1Uizt.jpg

It doesn't do it automatically but still pretty easy. I had to create a circle shape to connect the lines...
4Y3sYNp.jpg

Actually, this is pretty cool because you can then drag the circle shape around the page and the lines stay connected.

Those pics were zoomed in... here's the page at 100% using a circle to connect lines. That's the smallest circle I could create and lines are set to 1pt.

2wr9ucV.jpg

I think the better way would be to change the line end to be a circle (instead of an arrow or no ending).

Yes, I missed that... just playing around now. I can definitely see your argument against jumps if electrical connections can be indicated with dots. What are your thoughts on gaps?

HPRlEEc.jpg

Back