Devising Organic Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookyBrewsky

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like some help determining recipes using only organic ingredients I can find. I'm not asking you to do my homework, but I also don't feel like wasting my money doing what I think would work well and it being some yuck.

So, here's the list.

Hops (not much) :
  • Williamette
  • Cascade
Grains :
  • Briess 2-Row Malt
  • Press Munich malt
  • Briess C-20L Malt
  • Briess C-60L Malt
  • Briess C-120L Malt
  • Briess Chocolate Malt
  • Briess Roast Barley Malt
I haven't done combinations in a long time but there should still be a huge number of possible combinations here, even if they're all not entirely unique or tasty.

Since winter is coming and even though I live in Florida, I'd like a nice amber, red or dark beer.

Now the darker grains, C-120L, Chocolate, Roast Barley... possibly some other C-#, list specific percentages to use in a formula. So what would be the most suitable base here for a dark beer, and what type of oz of hops am I looking at?

You have the makings there for a tasty, malty beer...

Off the top of my head, I'd look at around:
60% 2-Row
20% Munich
15% C-60
5% Chocolate

For hops, I'd go with Willamette... BU:GU around 0.65 to 0.75, with the last hops addition at 10 min

Back