Describe your ideal fermentation/serving chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USCDiver

Reaction score
I think I have a chance to do something really cool in my unfinished basement. The stairs leading down there are shaped like a U as they come down. There is enough space under the stairs to build an insulated walk-in fermentation chamber. Also I have preliminary approval from SWMBO to put a bar cabinet in the 'crook' of the U. So I could store my brew under the stairs and run my serving lines through the wall into the bar, while still having plenty of room for fermentation and storage.

So if you had a similar space and the ability to do whatever you wanted with it, how would you set it up? I'm thinking multiple chambers at different temps, but how many would be ideal? What temp ranges should I try to achieve in each chamber.

Just tossing this out for discussion to get some ideas for the future.

You can create different environments really easily with small appliances and insulating jackets. Personaly I would use a stud wall to seperate my brewing area and then build a mock bar with a country feel and just make it a bit of a pub for your mates. I guarantee you will be everyones best friend.

Yeah, I have an idea how I want to do my area. I'm asking for what you would like to have in your ideal area. My brewing area is going to be outside under the deck. I'm just eyeing this space as a fermentation, storing, serving space.

Back