Denver Drinkers, Need Advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdirienzi

Reaction score
Next week I will be traveling to Denver from Philadelphia and will be bringing with me an extra suitcase solely for beer. My question, what is the best store to do my shopping? Who has the best and biggest selection?

Also, has anyone ever used this site, or something like it? It seems up to date, the date on the spreadsheet is 2014-12-08. Anyone know of anything similar?

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

Thanks in advance!

:mug:

I'm not from Denver, but I've been there. A friend from there recommended Grapevine Liquors to me last time I was there. They had a good selection of craft beers and some good prices on specials. I'll give you the the same warning he gave me though: the place looks pretty ghetto from the outside. Don't let the appearance deter you.

Tipsy's Liquor world has an awesome selection. They have an entire walk-in dedicated to single and bombers- many of which are Colorado brews.

Tipsy's is a bit west of downtown-but well worth the visit.

Where will you be? Argonauts is pretty solid.
I'll be staying with friends, I cant remember where they live, but its about 20min west of denver, but I know we will be spending time in denver. Google says Argonauts is around the corner from the Ogden theater, and I'll be there friday night to see Moe, so I'll definitely stop there.

Oops, I just realized you're going to Denver from Philly, not the other way around. It's early. Have fun in Denver - it's a great town.

Cheers.

Tipsy's Liquor world has an awesome selection. They have an entire walk-in dedicated to single and bombers- many of which are Colorado brews.

Tipsy's is a bit west of downtown-but well worth the visit.
I just looked up Tipsys, and the pic they have on their site is insane, looks like its definitely worth the trip.

Thanks! :fro:

If your out by boulder or anywhere down 36 check out superior liqour or total beverage off 92nd and Sheridan. Ogden is a good venue last time I was there the band played hackie sack with us before they had to set up.

If you are looking for any beer suggestions, and by chance you are an Imperial Stout fan (as am I)-

Tipsy's is one of 2 places I know of that might have a few bottles left of AC Golden's CTAYT-
This brew is incredible-It would be a fun one to take back to PA (as it is a very small release in CO).

Cheers!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Tipsys had everything and so much more. Heres what I grabbed, if anyone is curious what doesnt make it east.

AlASKA
Stout
White
Amber
IPA
BIG SKY
Moose Drool
Big Sky IPA
Powder Hound
Trout Slayer
Ivan the Terrible
ODELL