Dented Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pig140

FBC
Reaction score
One of my used Cornelius kegs has a post with a dent in the top. Apparently Coke still used it this way anyway. I haven't used the keg yet... Should I replace the post or are dents like this common on old corny kegs? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408280062.677780.jpg

That is a fairly common point of damage, though I wouldn't say it plagues a large percentage of used kegs.

As long as the dent isn't changing the geometry of the O-ring (like pinching it) the post should work fine. You might be able to remove the o-ring and use pliers to straighten out the dent, but it looks like there's a fracture line that might just give up, so I'd be inclined to leave it as is as long as it's not leaking...

Cheers!

If it Doesn't leak don't fiddle with it. I have seen ones that were bent break when I tried to reshape them. I think the metal may weaken a bit... I have 2 that are bent that seal fine. One is a little bit of a pain to get the disconnect off but other than that it's fine.

Latest posts

Back