Denali hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
What do you know about them?

A local brewery is offering them as an option for their Big Brew Day event this year. I'm thinking of using them in my barley wine recipe. But they look like they might be good for IPAs or other styles too.

Have you used them? Heard about them? Had prophetic dreams about them?

Let me know what I'm getting into.

If they are maybe not a great choice for a barley wine, I can always bring something else and keep the Denali for another brew.

I just used them in an IPA as a 5 minute addition and it is tasting fantastic. I cannot imagine this in barley wine, but I can vouch for them in an IPA. Highly recommend this hop. I paired it with Citra and Azacca. 1.060 final gravity with DIPA yeast from Omega. Still hasn't made it into the keg, but initial taste is very fruity and has a lot of the character you find now in NE IPA's.

Nice. Maybe I'll stick with the Cluster I've used in my barley wine before and keep the Denali for another brew.

Back