Definitive Washington DC visit thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In DC yesterday/today for a conference, staying at the Renaissance on 9th, about 1 mile from churchkey. Love churchkey (hit it last night), but is there anything else reasonably close that i should check out? Didn't get a chance to read this thread before heading down here... any feedback is greatly appreciated.
The Partisan, yet another restaurant in DC owned by the Churchkey people, is about a ten minute walk south from the Renaissance (walk down 9th and take a left on D Street). They only have about 15-16 beers on draft, but do have a big bottle list and tons of whiskey too (if you don't feel like traipsing all the way to Jack Rose).

Gonna be out for CBC and thought i'd ask if there is anything new or must hits while there 4/10-4/14. Have reservations at Blue Jacket and at The Sovereign. Any bbq/soulfood recommendations and any new art exhibit recommendations would be appreciated as well.
Cheers!

Gonna be out for CBC and thought i'd ask if there is anything new or must hits while there 4/10-4/14. Have reservations at Blue Jacket and at The Sovereign. Any bbq/soulfood recommendations and any new art exhibit recommendations would be appreciated as well.
Cheers!
Don't miss Right Proper. My favorite brewery in DC, and the food is excellent, too.

Cheers!

If you have a chance go to Federalist Pig , new BBQ joint in Adam's Morgan. **** is insanely good, and I'm originally from Charleston, SC and have had **** loads of BBQ in my life.

Cheers!

Churchkey and Right Proper are also, very obviously, recommended. Wasn't impressed with Bluejacket. Very good food, but beer was kinda meh. We always stay in Thomas Circle when we go, so Churchkey is about a block away. Dangerous, that.

What in the ever-loving **** happened to the DC thread on the other site? It was already pretty bad, but now it apparently can't go 5 posts before being deleted for...people talking to each other, i guess?

Hell of a community you got there, Todd.

What in the ever-loving **** happened to the DC thread on the other site? It was already pretty bad, but now it apparently can't go 5 posts before being deleted for...people talking to each other, i guess?

I gotta see this for myself

****ing ********* decided to axe the notable releases thread because people were complaining about it being "too off topic" and "troll posts". That thread remained on topic as **** for a long time, and where in the hell was there trolling? I never saw trolling. What the **** qualifies as trolling for them? Ughhhhh

****ing ********* decided to axe the notable releases thread because people were complaining about it being "too off topic" and "troll posts". That thread remained on topic as **** for a long time, and where in the hell was there trolling? I never saw trolling. What the **** qualifies as trolling for them? Ughhhhh

You're complaining about over-moderation on BA? That's cute.

what a stupid ****ing piece of ****. that thread was a great resource for anyone who moved to DC (like me a year ago) or was visiting DC. christ he's such a dumb *******. i knew all this, but seeing something like deleting years of beer knowledge for a region because he can't get his dick hard and needs to exert power over something is still surprising, somehow.

what a stupid ****ing piece of ****. that thread was a great resource for anyone who moved to DC (like me a year ago) or was visiting DC. christ he's such a dumb *******. i knew all this, but seeing something like deleting years of beer knowledge for a region because he can't get his dick hard and needs to exert power over something is still surprising, somehow.

It was literally the only thread i still checked from time to time on BA. Was a good source of "in the loop" knowlege on some of the harder to get stuff.

Going to be down in DC for a couple days with my wife and daughter. Any decent restaurants with a good draft/bottle selection that are kid friendly? I've been to Right Proper and that seemed kid friendly? Amirite?

Going to be down in DC for a couple days with my wife and daughter. Any decent restaurants with a good draft/bottle selection that are kid friendly? I've been to Right Proper and that seemed kid friendly? Amirite?
The sovereign claims to be kid friendly.

I'll be in D.C. This Saturday night if anyone wants to show me a good time. ;)
I'll also be at Rar brewing Sunday and Ocean City Monday if you are interested in Stalking me.

Will be in DC (North Beach, MD) June 1-10. Planning to go to Savor on 6/2 (don't care if it's a waste of money, I'm made of money) and then gonna be a party at our place and a friends' Saturday 6/3. Planning day party at the beach house we rented, then evening at friends place (4 blocks away). We have a 2 year old (Beerontwowheels) so looking for advice on anything fun to do with her.

Otherwise, would like to extend an invite for anybody that wants to head out for party Saturday 6/3. And also if anybody wants to try and coordinate a get together. The beach house has an extra bedroom if you needed to crash as well. Wife and I like games, booze, swearing and food. If you talk too much about being republican my wife will resort to crying in frustration as she cannot understand your perspective, but that'll happen at the end of the night when we are all drunk and I'm hoping she will get up with the baby (lolnope).

If you want/need me to haul anything from the West to the East, please drop me a line. Otherwise I assume I'm there to drink all your local stuff.

Anyone going to Ocelots Anniversary party next weekend? Also, is Uber/Lyft in that area? I would assume with Dulles right there it might be available.

Will be in DC (North Beach, MD) June 1-10. Planning to go to Savor on 6/2 (don't care if it's a waste of money, I'm made of money) and then gonna be a party at our place and a friends' Saturday 6/3. Planning day party at the beach house we rented, then evening at friends place (4 blocks away). We have a 2 year old (Beerontwowheels) so looking for advice on anything fun to do with her.

Otherwise, would like to extend an invite for anybody that wants to head out for party Saturday 6/3. And also if anybody wants to try and coordinate a get together. The beach house has an extra bedroom if you needed to crash as well. Wife and I like games, booze, swearing and food. If you talk too much about being republican my wife will resort to crying in frustration as she cannot understand your perspective, but that'll happen at the end of the night when we are all drunk and I'm hoping she will get up with the baby (lolnope).

If you want/need me to haul anything from the West to the East, please drop me a line. Otherwise I assume I'm there to drink all your local stuff.
I struggle to find something age appropriate to do around here every weekend. We playground a lot. When she gets a bit a older, I think there are more options. Wish I could help. If possible, I'm down to play date and grab a beer.

Just one more shelf for their overpriced **** to collect dust on! :p It is a cool option for society members though.
So it seems....until they release additional details like the difference between a DC membership and CA is like 500 bones or something stupid like that. Also curious why they are silent about this unnamed partner who is sharing their space.

Any hitting up Oyster Wars this Saturday at the Salt Line? Think I might do Zwanze then head there.

I'll be down in DC for business tomorrow (18/Oct) if anyone wants to hit up Sovereign and split a fancy bottle or two.

Was there last weekend. They had some tomes on draft. Printemps was amazing. Not sure if they will have draft again, but plenty of bottles.

Was there last weekend. They had some tomes on draft. Printemps was amazing. Not sure if they will have draft again, but plenty of bottles.

Thanks! I've never seen so many Tomes on a single menu and never more than one on draft in my life. If you know of any bottle shops in Georgetown, I'm all ears.

Thanks! I've never seen so many Tomes on a single menu and never more than one on draft in my life. If you know of any bottle shops in Georgetown, I'm all ears.

Not sure about shops. I would check the first page of this thread though.

Also, the coq au gueuze (from the sovereign menu) is tits.

Heading to DC next week and staying in Alexandria at an Air BNB near Jefferson Manor Park. Any beer/liquor recs around that area? Not looking for anything crazy, just some decent stuff to have in the rental house for when my family drives me nuts. I will have a car.

Look for the nearest Whole Foods, or lost dog cafe usually has a decent bottle shop at the front of the restaurant.

Heading to DC next week and staying in Alexandria at an Air BNB near Jefferson Manor Park. Any beer/liquor recs around that area? Not looking for anything crazy, just some decent stuff to have in the rental house for when my family drives me nuts. I will have a car.
Department of Beer and Wine should be about a 15 minute drive from where you'll be staying. On your way there or back, you should stop by Rustico. They generally have a pretty good tap list.

There's also a Total Wine with a decent selection that's about 15-20 minutes away near Landmark Mall.

Latest posts

Back