Deep Six Brewery - back in action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were at Oskar Blues in May and I drank 3 Gubnas for lunch before I learned their alcohol content.. nearly bowled me over. But as a compliment to Gubna, I didn't have a clue while drinking it that it was 10% ABV..

If I had 420 on tap I'd be the happiest man alive :D alas, I live in the uk and there's a big pond between me and sweetwater perfection :(

Just wondering why you've chosen to have strongbow on tap? If it's the same strongbow we have over here then it's the 'bud light' of ciders. If you want something mainstream and easy to drink then at least maybe a keg of Magners or Gaymers? :)

The last time I drank strongbow was in my mid 'teens. We used to drink turbo snakebite and black and play poker!

Well, I haven't researched the cider I'm going to put on tap too much.. that was just what I read made the traditional Snakebite? I had one today made from Guinness and Woodchuck that seemed to work..

Well I never knew snakebite was considered traditional! Half and half the strongest cider and lager availble, for snakebite and black add blackcurrent cordial. The aim is to get you senseless as quickly and cheaply as possible, makes you proud to be British.

Nice shed by the way.

Oh sure rub it in that hurts, me likes Rasputin.
What did the contents cost for 5 gallons?
This is why I plan on filling my 150 cu/ft nitrogen
bottle with nitro mixed gas.
BrewBeemer:
Rasputin was $105 for the 5.16g (1/6) keg. Pricey but it's delicious, and I had a brewind slump this summer. Whole Foods in Dallas (park lane) has it on tap now, that's some grocery shopping with a pint of rasputin.....

John Beere:
Congrats on getting some beer dispensed. I know that's a real reward after all the work you have put into this project.
The Apfelwine will not only help with the budget but it's damn tasty and easy to make.

just had to say, this is ridiculous...unitl i read this thread i WAS proud of my dedicated room with a fourtap keezer, hops and yeast fridge and fermenters...well done, sir.

So does anyone have any good ideas on a way to display all the beers I currently have on tap? I'm thinking about a chalkboard or something similar.. needs to be about 18"x36"~42". Anyone know of any cool looking ones pre-made for sale? I've googled it but am not coming up with anything I really like..

I may consider just getting 12 tap handles made that are numbered and then just refer to the board on the wall for what is on each tap.. thought about doing them with billiard balls as well?

Any ideas welcome.. Thanks

I bought vintage tap handles on ebay. I just use my inkjet printer and sticky labels to make my own. Be easier for you since the logos for yours already exist be easy to find them on the web shrink or expand them to fit your handles. I like the look of different sizes and shapes of handles. Everything looking the same is boring.

For that many taps I would just have a list on a board somewhere and nice tap handles that are numbered (in a classy way obviously). Have each tap unique somehow. I agree with akthor - make them different and it will have more character.

you could take a clue from your logo and use some bones as the tap handles. make a mold and use plaster or I'm sure you could find some online somewhere then just make simple plexi glass cases to hold a sign or try to make the numbers a recession in the bone and paint it black. that would look pretty cool.

I couldn't find a good place for a chalkboard so I came up with these 2-sided signs. I'm going to try to find something that looks nicer - like a stainless photo frame or something - but for now these get the job done and don't look too bad.

With your round tower, you can probably just eliminate the bottom part of the sign and sit the inverted-Vee on your tube.

labels1.jpg

labels2.jpg

-Joe

Thanks for the ideas.. keep them coming! The other half of the problem/equation is that the real tap handles are so tall, they are going to really block the TV. And I agree that all 12 being the exact same would not only be boring, but would be maddening to someone as anal as I am as I could *never* get them to all line up perfectly. :)

Gabe, the weather cold down south your neck of the woods?
Black ice around my area, it just ain't right on an island.
You also need an old rolling Hamm's sign.
Happy New Year, Prost.

I am not very creative so I had to come up with multiple ways to to tell the guests what beer is available.

#1 We list all the beers we make and J-mark all the available beers

Beer_On_Tap-1.jpg

#2 The small menu card is put on every table
On the outside below the words "Have you tried it" I put our latest creation

100_1241.jpg

100_1242.jpg

#3 For the guest looking around the brewery

100_1245.jpg

100_1256.jpg

#4 For our drunk guests on the floor

100_1259.jpg

Our house beers only

100_1258.jpg

#5 The taps in the brewery are labeled too

TapsFront.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I was in a new coffee shop in my town the other day and they had a really cool menu. Basically they mounted a Power point style projector on the ceiling and aimed it at the wall. The design they had was incredible and I talk to the owner and he said he created so menu changes were really easy. I was attracted to the endless possibilities it offered.

Thanks for all your ideas.. I'm more leaning towards just a cool blackboard and having a friend write all the beers real fancy on it for me.

I worked on the kegenator (kegerator just doesn't do it justice really) today. put two fans on the base of the tap tower.. one pushing, one pulling. They are 110v Papst fans I picked up a few years back and are super quiet. I didn't have time to put a love temp controller on them yet but will do that next as I don't want them to run all the time or cool the tower to the same temp as the beer.. 50ish should do just fine.

Here is a photo of one of the fans, it is held in place by some wall anchors which worked really well.

1-2-11A.jpg

This is stupid...

I don't event want to build my 3 tap keezer anymore after seeing this, lol.

GREAT job.

Heh.. I could say the same thing about other member's builds. :) It's all relative and I'm sure the beer you pour from yours will be just as tasty as mine!

We made some progress last night and got the TV hung, the soundbar under it is still just sitting there, that will come next. You can see how the taller tap markers will block the TV. I've tried to order the smaller 'shotgun' handles for most of the beers, but some only make tall ones (like Brooklyn Breweries apparently). I don't think it is going to matter, but we'll see how much people complain..

1-6-11A.jpg

Looks like you have a sweet set-up. Glad things have came back together.

Wow...McKBrew! Haven't seen you here in a while!

John, this thing is turning out great. I can't IMAGINE what you spent on stocking that bar.....but the beauty is; it'll go to good use :)

The "tube o' taps" reminds me of Stone's beer tap system....

Wow...McKBrew! Haven't seen you here in a while!

John, this thing is turning out great. I can't IMAGINE what you spent on stocking that bar.....but the beauty is; it'll go to good use :)

The "tube o' taps" reminds me of Stone's beer tap system....

I try to check in occasionally. I haven't brewed in a long time, but I'm thinking about getting a very basic and small kit again.

I'm pretty happy with the tap markers.. most are shorter versions that I've been able to find. Finally found a 90 min IPA Dogfish head tap marker but it isn't here yet.. also have a Dale's Pale Ale marker on the way..

And no holes in one, but I did chip one in from around 150 yards last night!

The place looks great, John! We moved here in NE Metro ATL about 7 months ago and as soon as we buy a house, (renting till we find the right place) I intend to get started on something along those lines... at least a really nice brew house. Of course, that will all be after I get SWMBO's scrapbook studio finished!

what is the trout tap?

only thing i think when i see trout is two hearted but i see you already have a two hearted handle. although i would totally understand you having two of them at the same time. :mug:

The place looks great, John! We moved here in NE Metro ATL about 7 months ago and as soon as we buy a house, (renting till we find the right place) I intend to get started on something along those lines... at least a really nice brew house. Of course, that will all be after I get SWMBO's scrapbook studio finished!

remember, be SUPER supportive and don't complain about any expenses with regard to the SWMBO scrapbook studio. be an amazingly supportive spouse. then when it comes time for a brewery... require she does the same :drunk:

Back