Dear Homebrewing.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenks829

Reaction score
......How I've missed you!

I got engaged in July and married Jan 2nd. It was a short engagement not due to pregnancy but price. We got a great deal on everything; because it was a short sell, the time of year, and the economy. The trade off was we had to work our tails off to plan a wedding for 300 guest in about 5 months. It was worth it: great time, great family and friends, amazing new wife.

But......my homebrewing adventures took it on the chin.

My pipeline is dry.

I have a Apfelwein that has been in a fermenter since sometime in October, a RIS in a secondary since November (that is an extended age as it was fermented in a bourbon barrel for a month) and a APA that really should be bottled as it was brewed in mid-November. I have 5 kits waiting to be brewed. I pass them these past two months as I scurried around the house looking for this wedding paper or that persons address or whatever piece of wedding paraphernalia that needed to be found.

I cannot wait to crack open a beer as I sit down after the hot break and breath in some boiling wort fumes. It will be like the first time....only better.

Welcome back!

I know how you feel. I got my equipment a couple months before my wedding. Brewed once then couldn't for almost 4 months due to wedding plans, wedding, relocating for work, etc.

Congrats!
And to think your homebrew woulda been a great favor for the people who came to the wedding... You would just have to make sure everyone mailed their empties back to you.:)

Hold on.. We have a few questions:

1. Is SWMBO on board??

2. Does SWMBO like homebrew??

Just asking cause your homebrewing could suffer, and nobody wants that :)

Hold on.. We have a few questions:

1. Is SWMBO on board??

2. Does SWMBO like homebrew??

1. SWMBO is on board with homebrewing. Like most SWMBO's, her only request/complaint is brew gear scattered all over the house. I've got it down to one spare bedroom and 1/4 of the garage.

2. She does like homebrew. She usually brews with me. She loves wheat beers; hoppy one's, not so much.

people get married for more reasons than a pregnancy? Weird I guess the world has all kinds of people...

(j/k congrats and welcome back)

Ahhhh......

I made a starter of Wyeast 1388 last night for a AHS Belgian Noel. The smell of the DME and water boiling alone made me smile! And it was so nice to see a happy flask on the kitchen counter this morning with a little krausen on top!

Latest posts

Back