Dear God!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways here's a good one. Last week I was making beer and I noticed it was a little stuck so I started to shake the carboy to mix it up(got it unstuck). Anyways I found out swmbo behind me. She went omg, from the back side it looked like i was humping the carboy. I turned around and said, do you mind I'm making love to my beer, why do you think it taste so good. You have to show it some love. She left the room and I finished shaking it. For 3 nights I had to sleep on the couch. Not a bad trade off since he carboy is next to me... She let me sleep with the beer for 3 night. LOL

Oh please tell me you didnt make your blonde ale into a cream ale making love to it! hahahaha just kiddin'! funny story!

Oh please tell me you didnt make your blonde ale into a cream ale making love to it!

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

I really miss watching the action since I moved to a temp controlled chest freezer...to make up for the loss I'll ask people stick their head deep in the freezer to catch a whiff of the fermentation aromas only to watch them burn there nostrils. :D The yeasty's tell me to do this!

My fermenters are white plastic buckets sitting inside a chest freezer. I only look the following day to insure action in the air lock, then I forget it for 3 weeks. Unless I"m dry hopping of course.

Watching beer ferment in a glass car-boy must be like watch your laundry go round and round thru the glass on your washer. LOL

I like the fact that my fermenter stand is to the right of the comp hutch. so I get the smells & sounds from the blow off/airlocks while I'm on here. Best of both worlds.

Not a beer freak. When your goal to brew up to the exact legal amount per household per year then you're a beer freak.

Also when you know you're a beer freak:
- You have three fridges in your garage, none of which contain food
- Every single time you pass by coolers in stores you just "have to look" (SWMBO drags me away all the time)

so what happens when one may perhaps go over the legal limit, without distribution? Or do you just go from freak to alcoholic... :mug:

dfess1 said:
so what happens when one may perhaps go over the legal limit, without distribution? Or do you just go from freak to alcoholic... :mug:

You keep it to yourself and don't post it on hbt for all to see.

How many hours have you stood there and just watched the beer fermenting? I'm new to home brewing and I can't get away from that damn carboy. It's amazing! hahahahahaha

How long did it take you to get to the point that you weren't "hovering" over the carboy all day watching it?

I'm sticking with the plastic buckets just so this doesn't happen to me! :)

I call it "petting" my carboy. It's in my laundry rm, my wife walks in and I'm on all fours with a flashlight up against the glass so I can see what's up in there. What!?! It's important!!!

I'm new to brewing also and very much a beer addict but I only check it when I wake up, other than that im on here, looking at recipes and other equipment all day

Back