Deal alert - buy one, get one - better bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabba

Reaction score
Just got an email from Northern Brewer - 48 hrs only, buy 1 better bottle, get a second free.

Choice of 5 gallon or 6 gallon, use code BETTER5 or BETTER6

Thanks!! Just ordered!

Damn good deal... two 6G carboys with shipping, $34!

I actually just logged in to spread the word too...

I ordered 2 - 6 gallon Better Bottles, 2 stoppers, 2 bubblers and 2 fermometers for $46 with shipping. can't beat this deal!

Can someone enlighten me about the benefits of these bottles? I currently use a 6.5 gallon bucket but want to know if this is something that I shouldn't pass up.

I bought some too. It's a good deal. Northern Brewer has the deal posted in the Vender Showcase section as well.

Can someone enlighten me about the benefits of these bottles? I currently use a 6.5 gallon bucket but want to know if this is something that I shouldn't pass up.

Lower oxygen permeability, which makes it a superior option for long term aging. If you're not aging beers and/or worried about long term oxygen permeability it's probably of no added value to you. I use a BB for aging but my bucket is the most used fermentor.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
Lower oxygen permeability, which makes it a superior option for long term aging. If you're not aging beers and/or worried about long term oxygen permeability it's probably of no added value to you. I use a BB for aging but my bucket is the most used fermentor.

Thanks for the info.

D'oh, and my buddy and I just bought a couple last month from Brewer's Warehouse. To think, if we could've only held out a month... Ah well.

Its out of stock but looks like it will still let you use the coupon as long as you don't need it right away.

Back