DC Group Buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've created a Google Doc for the splits. Let's see if that's useful:

Notes on the Split List:
If anyone has trouble seeing the spreadsheet, let me know.
If there are any errors, changes, omissions, or you want a piece of the cake, let us know with a message here. We really like to get some more buyers on Flaked Wheat (25 lbs available) and Pils DME (12 lbs available).

Privacy and Public Exposure Issue:
Since the split list is a "shared" document, anyone clicking on the link can see it (no edits). Do we need to provide exclusive access to this group buy participants only, or are we fine as is?

Looks good...shouldn't there be a split for CaraPils on the list? (Unless I'm a dummy and it goes by a diff name) only asking bc I think I was down for 5 lbs...

Looks good...shouldn't there be a split for CaraPils on the list? (Unless I'm a dummy and it goes by a diff name) only asking bc I think I was down for 5 lbs...

I wasn't sure if the CaraPils was a genuine split, or stonebrewer just sells pounds from his own stockpiled bag, ad hoc.

To make life easier and keeping tabs on who gets what, I've added the Carapils split to the sheet. I'm down for 15# myself, in addition to the 6# from last Saturday. That one is closed now, leaving stonebrewer with the remainder of 13 pounds.

In regards to the DME split, I've added stonebrewer for the balance of 7 lbs. So that one is closed.

Let's decide on what type to get, Pilsen Light or Golden Light. Aside from starters, I typically use the lightest DME available to boost gravity or to make an extract/PM brew occasionally. It's really not a big deal.

So that brings the total to 24 + 1x DME + 1x C40 = 26.
I just wanted to reserve the sack of C40 before we run out of space.
We currently have 4 buyers for C40 and hope to find one more for 10# or so. Otherwise we got to settle the C40 deal at 12.5# each.

I wasn't sure if the CaraPils was a genuine split, or stonebrewer just sells pounds from his own stockpiled bag, ad hoc.

To make life easier and keeping tabs on who gets what, I've added the Carapils split to the sheet. I'm down for 15# myself, in addition to the 6# from last Saturday. That one is closed now, leaving stonebrewer with the remainder of 13 pounds.

In regards to the DME split, I've added stonebrewer for the balance of 7 lbs. So that one is closed.

Let's decide on what type to get, Pilsen Light or Golden Light. Aside from starters, I typically use the lightest DME available to boost gravity or to make an extract/PM brew occasionally. It's really not a big deal.

So that brings the total to 24 + 1x DME + 1x C40 = 26.
I just wanted to reserve the sack of C40 before we run out of space.
We currently have 4 buyers for C40 and hope to find one more for 10# or so. Otherwise we got to settle the C40 deal at 12.5# each.

My vote is for Golden Light.

Also...looking at the list, if we end up getting people in on the C80 or C120...I would take 5 of each. Not sure if we will fill those though or not.

Can I get the pricing spreadsheet please? Looking to get in on this one or the next. Probably 5-6 bags maybe a bit more depending on how far my money goes

Also...looking at the list, if we end up getting people in on the C80 or C120...I would take 5 of each. Not sure if we will fill those though or not.

Yes, it would be nice to get a split order in on those. I've put myself on for 10# of each to start it off, although I did buy 3 lbs of stonebrewer's C120 at the last pickup. I don't know how much he has left.

I may want to put in for another sack of Crisp Maris Otter after we ended up inadvertently with Pale Malt instead on the last buy, but without knowing why and how they didn't ship what we ordered, it could happen again...

Wouldn't mind doing a split on a sack of Rye malt either.

Anyone interested in flaked barley and flaked oats? At the moment I get flaked oats from Aldi's. They're good and fresh. In Amish county (Lancaster, PA) there's tons of that stuff.

And I saw a historic recipe using oat MALT. I've never seen that. Northern Brewer claims Thomas Fawcett is the only maltster carrying it. Looks interesting. The Brewing Network has a thread on it. Some seem to prefer toasted oat flakes instead, though.

I'd be down for 10# of rye. That should last a while. Damn, I spending the rest of my brewing money for this year here :ban:

I added you for rye, 10#

I'd take rye malt, whatever you decide to split I'll take the rest.

Steve da sleeve

I put in 20# for myself.
Steve, that leaves 20# for you. Is that enough or do you want some of my share?

That was a quick one. We're at 26 + 1x rye = 27 sacks so far.

Can anyone else get in on this or is it just a MD thing?

It's open to anyone, as long as they pay and can pick up the buys in Rockville, MD.

The person who coordinates the bulk buys, stonebrewer, is probably out of town, that's why he hasn't gotten back to you with a price list. I'm sure when he gets back to check the boards he'll send you the link.

We're at 27 sacks, and need 40 for an order.

Thanks for setting this buy up. I will be able to get us close to finish line with these additions to the order. Let me know how to pay for the splits.

Rahr 2 Row Pale Malt 50
Rahr Premium Pils 50
Weyermann Light Munich 55
Weyermann Vienna 55
Briess Golden Light DME 50
C40 10# split
C80. 10 # split
Flaked wheat. 19# split

Thanks for setting this buy up. I will be able to get us close to finish line with these additions to the order. Let me know how to pay for the splits.

Rahr 2 Row Pale Malt 50
Rahr Premium Pils 50
Weyermann Light Munich 55
Weyermann Vienna 55
Briess Golden Light DME 50
C40 10# split
C80. 10 # split
Flaked wheat. 19# split

Thanks for filling those 2 splits. Awesome!
C40 and Flaked Wheat are now closed.

That brings us to 27 + 5x (bucksnort999) = 32 sacks total so far.
The C40 and Flaked Wheat were added earlier and included in the 27.

Please Note:
I've changed the DME specification on the split list from "Pils Light" to "Golden Light" as that seems to be the preference for the extract.

Thank you so much for helping Stony out! Can we just modify the google doc if we want to get in on some splits? I saw the C80 and C120 are still open.

Just post a message here what you want, and I'll edit the spreadsheet ASAP. First come first served.

Yes, the C80 and C120 are still open as you can see. I can probably use 15# of C80 instead of 10#. The C120 is much harder to get "rid off."

Just post a message here what you want, and I'll edit the spreadsheet ASAP. First come first served.

Yes, the C80 and C120 are still open as you can see. I can probably use 15# of C80 instead of 10#. The C120 is much harder to get "rid off."

You can put me down for 5# each, please. If I can use C80 in IPAs then I might be able to up it to 10# if there are no other takers. :ban:

You can put me down for 5# each, please. If I can use C80 in IPAs then I might be able to up it to 10# if there are no other takers. :ban:

OK, I added your 5# on C80 and C120.
Permission settings on those shared Google docs are rudimentary at best, as far as I can tell.

Can we shake the barley to see if anyone else rolls out to pick up some of those crystals?

I added you for rye, 10#

I put in 20# for myself.
Steve, that leaves 20# for you. Is that enough or do you want some of my share?

That was a quick one. We're at 26 + 1x rye = 27 sacks so far.

Sure, I'm brewing with rye a fair amount these days so bring it on!

sds

Damn, looks like I got to the game a little too late on this one! Any interest in the group splitting another sack of DME? 50 is just too much for me at the moment, but I wouldn't mind stocking up 15 or so lbs so I can stop buying the 3lbs bags for $12 or $13 a pop at the LHBS.

IslandLizard: you can up my C80 and C120 to 10# if it helps speed up the process. Wifey seems to be enjoying the dark side of beer lately. :mug:

Done!
10# to go on the C80 and 25# (ugh!) on C120.

You've got enough crystal now to try 50 shades of dark on her. :)

Damn, looks like I got to the game a little too late on this one! Any interest in the group splitting another sack of DME? 50 is just too much for me at the moment, but I wouldn't mind stocking up 15 or so lbs so I can stop buying the 3lbs bags for $12 or $13 a pop at the LHBS.

I can split out 2 shares of my bag of DME in 10 lbs increments.

I'd like to get 10lbs of DME. Let me know how we can do the split we're all set. I can bring a nice balance to weigh it out at the pick up spot.

:D

I've added bucksnort999's bag of DME to the split list, leaving him with 30#. socal2009 and Bigbeavk are each on for 10#. That split is closed now. The sack was already included in the grand total of 32.

I'm going out on a limb and add a sack of Crisp Maris Otter, provided we can actually get it.

The substitution on the last buy has put me over my ears in Pale Malt. Just got to brew more.

32 + 1x Crisp MO = 33

I was previously in for 3 sacks, adding one more to bring my total to 4-
2 Rahr 2 row
1 Rahr Pale
1 Rahr Pils

Bucksnort, much appreciative for the offer, though stonebrewer's is a little far away just for 10 lbs of DME...any interest out there for anyone to split a new sack of DME? I'd thrown in for a couple other sacks of base malt and help the buy along except I still have TWO unopened sacks from the last group buy I was in, which was - June? Must resist the urge to buy more base grain....

Bucksnort, much appreciative for the offer, though stonebrewer's is a little far away just for 10 lbs of DME...any interest out there for anyone to split a new sack of DME? I'd thrown in for a couple other sacks of base malt and help the buy along except I still have TWO unopened sacks from the last group buy I was in, which was - June? Must resist the urge to buy more base grain....

I am already at my limit. Sorry...

socal, I can pick up your order when I pick up mine. We can then meet somewhere for you to get your share. Heck, if you need some crystal or carapils I'm sure I can spare some. Or just come along for the ride.

I'm surprised not that many going for another DME split. How much do you want? I might grab another 5 or even 10 to help out.

Thanks IslandLizard, I appreciate it. Ideally I'd like to get 20-25lbs of DME, I feel like I just go through those little bags from the LHBS at the rapid rate. I'm full up on all my other grains right now, I need to get more of what I have into liquid form!

Thanks IslandLizard, I appreciate it. Ideally I'd like to get 20-25lbs of DME, I feel like I just go through those little bags from the LHBS at the rapid rate. I'm full up on all my other grains right now, I need to get more of what I have into liquid form!

I've added another Golden Light DME to the split list and allotted 10# for myself. That means there's 15# left for grabs. Someone should want it.

Let's just hope for dry weather the day we do the splits. I'll bring my scale, and a large tray to contain any dropped powder.

I've never participated in a group buy but I'm in the DC area and I'm interested. I sent a PM to stonebrewer to get a price list but I haven't heard back yet.

I'm interested 10# of the Golden Light DME and one bag of Rahr 2-row. I could up my DME to 15# if nobody is interested in the final amount.

I've never participated in a group buy but I'm in the DC area and I'm interested. I sent a PM to stonebrewer to get a price list but I haven't heard back yet.

I'm interested 10# of the Golden Light DME and one bag of Rahr 2-row. I could up my DME to 15# if nobody is interested in the final amount.

Welcome to the group buy! I'm sure stonebrewer will send the link when he gets the chance.

I've added you to the split with a note for the remaining 5#.

We are at 36 + 1x DME + 1x Rahr 2-row = 38 total
2 sacks to go for this buy.

If anyone from Frederick/Hagerstown has or will be getting more C120 than they can handle, I'd take up to 20#. I just don't want to make the trip to Rockville if that's all I'm in for this round.

Back