DC Area Group Buy #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Input ASAP!

3 stars is warning that they can't get Gleneagles MO or CaraAroma for 2 weeks, so will miss our date. Briess 2-row is out of stock but should be in before they need to ship. So, since I am at work and cannot check, who had the MO and CA and what do you want to do? We can sub Crisp MO for Gleneagles if wanted. CA though I think we are screwed on for this round...I could ask him to ship later and people could split from my house later?? Suggestions/thoughts appreciated!

Need Input ASAP!

3 stars is warning that they can't get Gleneagles MO or CaraAroma for 2 weeks, so will miss our date. Briess 2-row is out of stock but should be in before they need to ship. So, since I am at work and cannot check, who had the MO and CA and what do you want to do? We can sub Crisp MO for Gleneagles if wanted. CA though I think we are screwed on for this round...I could ask him to ship later and people could split from my house later?? Suggestions/thoughts appreciated!

I had 15# of CaraAroma, I think. I would be okay with it not being delivered this time around. However, I could also wait on the order as none of the stuff I ordered is absolutely necessary for use within the next two weeks.

I had 5# of CA. I can drop them if I have to. Coming to Rockville for that much is too much of a hustle for me. I live in DC.

I only have a small share of the cararoma out of those two. I wouldn't mind waiting a little while for the split because it's mostly for experimentation. I so would be okay with dropping it if that's the way we decide to go.

I have gone through a sack of the finest MO and the Gleneagles I the last year, and they both make excellent beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm on the Maris Otter split, I don't mind switching to Crisp.

Well the MO i ordered was the Crisp Finest MO so im good in that regard. i also was in for 5# of the CA. I'm fine with just getting some on the next GB and we can just do the split for that on the next one. I'm in Northern VA and a drive to rockville for 5# of CA isnt worth it for me.

OK so CA we push to next order. Just need to know who ordered GlenEagles MO and if they want to switch to Crisp. Anyone have access to the sheets that can tell me who ordered the GEMO?

We have 13 splits (mostly small amounts, 5#) tied up in the CaraAroma (2 sacks) and 3 in Gleneagles MO.

Backordering is a no-no IMO, too much hassle and not worth the time driving to pick it up.
Dropping the CA may leave a few of us with small amounts to pick up.

Personally I can wait 2 weeks, and push it off till Sept. 20. I have no conflict on that day, but there maybe events on that Saturday others have to attend, IIRC.

OK so CA we push to next order. Just need to know who ordered GlenEagles MO and if they want to switch to Crisp. Anyone have access to the sheets that can tell me who ordered the GEMO?

For the split it's these guys:

Joshindc 10#
Res291que 25#
Robfar 20#

For the whole sack, it's jamisonia.

So I bought a 55 lb sack of the Gleneagles. I'm really not sure what the difference between it and Crisp even is, I just figured it was better since it was slightly more pricey. That being said I'm willing to switch to Crisp.

I have a conflict on the 20th. I'd need someone to pick up for me, and I'm on a lot of splits so I feel bad not helping out.

Let me interpret this.
Pushing CA to next order means: "We will start a whole new CA split for #10 with new signups and everything." Nothing gets transferred.

For the split it's these guys:

Joshindc 10#
Res291que 25#
Robfar 20#

For the whole sack, it's jamisonia.

Thanks! Heard back from jamisonia so I am going to make the executive decision to switch to Crisp and if people don't want their splits of MO I will take them off their hands and we can get GEMO next buy. Thanks all for the help!!

Thanks! Heard back from jamisonia so I am going to make the executive decision to switch to Crisp and if people don't want their splits of MO I will take them off their hands and we can get GEMO next buy. Thanks all for the help!!

stonebrewer, make sure to switch them to "Crisp Maris Otter" NOT just "Crisp" or they will get regular Pale Malt, which is generic, not MO. Been there before myself, 2x.

stonebrewer, make sure to switch them to "Crisp Maris Otter" NOT just "Crisp" or they will get regular Pale Malt, which is generic, not MO. Been there before myself, 2x.

Well aware...that was an issue with the Manassas buyer not our orders. We have always specified by name and item #. He just kept ordering the wrong thing. I got stuck with a sack of Pale Malt instead of MO myself. Sigh!

Pick-Up still on for 6th correct? Just checking so I can make sure I give my friend pickin up stuff for me good scoop.

Well aware...that was an issue with the Manassas buyer not our orders. We have always specified by name and item #. He just kept ordering the wrong thing. I got stuck with a sack of Pale Malt instead of MO myself. Sigh!

I'm really glad we found a better buyer with 3 Stars. I'm quite sure the Manassas guy got those phone calls or emails from the supplier that something was on back order, except he never answered them or notified us.

I never felt I got "stuck" with the Crisp Pale Malt, it's quite nice actually, but it's no MO substitute, and for the price, I'll take MO any time over their Pale.

Speaking of our supplier, I still don't quite understand why PBW is on the list but 4-packs of gallon jugs of Starsan aren't.

The best price I've found so far on gallon jugs of Starsan is at Maryland Homebrew, but still about double from what we were getting them at from CMG.

Anyone else want to buy a pint of Phosphoric Acid?
I have 3 more pints to sell.

$6 a pint, with bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back