DC Area Group Buy #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me in for (4) BRI1002 2-row. Anyone splitting any chocolate, black patent or crystal?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any idea when we are looking at this buy being avail to pickup? Trying to plan out schedule.

Thanks,
Carlos

We are getting close to terminal velocity. I am kinda busy the next few weekends, but early Sept. might be viable...gotta check with 3 Stars and review posts about when times are "bad" like Snallygasters, etc.

We are getting close to terminal velocity. I am kinda busy the next few weekends, but early Sept. might be viable...gotta check with 3 Stars and review posts about when times are "bad" like Snallygasters, etc.

Currently we've got 46 sacks on the list, but it includes 9 open splits, some with 30-35# yet to go.

Yes, please check for available 3 Stars dates. There are a few beer events later in September, and I thought the 6th was open in that regard.

I know I'll be at a craft beer fest on Sept. 13. And it starts at noon.

For the next 4 days I'll be at MashOut without innuhnet. I'll catch up with orders on Monday or Tuesday.

Had to open on laptop to see stuff properly. I'd be in on following splits if they are ordered.
WEY1055-5#
CRI1061-5#
WEY1063-10#

Had to open on laptop to see stuff properly. I'd be in on following splits if they are ordered.
WEY1055-5#
CRI1061-5#
WEY1063-10#

You figured it out. That's smart in my book.

All added to your account (#22).

We'll try to make these happen.

Currently we've got 46 sacks on the list, but it includes 9 open splits, some with 30-35# yet to go.

Yes, please check for available 3 Stars dates. There are a few beer events later in September, and I thought the 6th was open in that regard.

I know I'll be at a craft beer fest on Sept. 13. And it starts at noon.

For the next 4 days I'll be at MashOut without innuhnet. I'll catch up with orders on Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoy that! I really would have liked to go...perhaps next year I can arrange it with SWMBO...instead I think we are going to Assateague for a couple of days.

Will check with 3 stars in the next week...also if you guys know of beer related events over the coming month or so, please post so we can avoid them. Cheers all!

T

Enjoy that! I really would have liked to go...perhaps next year I can arrange it with SWMBO...instead I think we are going to Assateague for a couple of days.

Will check with 3 stars in the next week...also if you guys know of beer related events over the coming month or so, please post so we can avoid them. Cheers all!

T

Wifey and I used to go there a few times, no better place to relax and be away from society ;) Now granny bought a house in Ocean Pines and we'll be going there instead. Free lodging and only a 20 min drive to the beach. :mug:
Don't let the horse flies bite you!

Is there a public sheet that keeps track of current requests or current open splits?

Please add this to my order :D

Weyermann® Melanoidin 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1019 10 lbs
Weyermann® Chocolate Wheat 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1055 10 lbs
Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb RAH1002 2 Bags
Rahr White Wheat 50 lb RAH1008 1 Bag

Please add this to my order :D

Weyermann® Melanoidin 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1019 10 lbs
Weyermann® Chocolate Wheat 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1055 10 lbs
Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb RAH1002 2 Bags
Rahr White Wheat 50 lb RAH1008 1 Bag

Added.
That closes the Melanoiden split. :mug:

Put me in for:
1 X RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row (50lb)
1 X MUN1001 Muntons Maris Otter (55lb)

Added.

Can I add

1 X RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row (50lb)

Thanks!

Sure, added.

Is there a public sheet that keeps track of current requests or current open splits?

Likwid, you've already ordered 3 sacks this round, they are on the list. Didn't you get a link from stonebrewer before?

yes, pm stonebrewer and hell sent it to you...

You got to tame that iPad, man. :D

T

Yeah, Mashout was good. I just need a few days to get back to normal. Then there's Kegs and Corks at Anne Arundel Fairgrounds waiting for us on Saturday. Did I mention there's beer? And wine.

If Mashout happens again, I can highly recommend it.

Yes please, check with 3 Stars ASAP, and if we decide to stick with pick up on September 6, we probably need to get the order in this weekend. Reason is, Labor Day cuts the week before pickup a day short and we won't be able to get delivery that week. We've been there before.

We're at 52 sacks with 8 of them open splits. I really like to see those filled.

So please group-buy participants, review your inventory and grain needs for the next 3 months. Specialty malts can last for a year or even longer if stored properly. 5 pounds is not a whole lot, and you'll pay as much for only 2 pounds at your LHBS, if they even have it.

And Frits is closing the deal... BSG has a regional sales position open if you want to the Midwest (maybe Michigan where everyone knows hows to pronounce your name)

Sent from a Mashout-induced fog.

Would anyone be interested in a new split, either CAS1034 Château Special B® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) or BRI1053 Briess Extra Special 50 lb? I can only commit to 5 lbs though.

I will also need a sack of
BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

I'm talking to wifey about the rice hulls (at least some of the split) because she was thinking about using that as packaging/shipping material for her soaps :)

Likwid, you've already ordered 3 sacks this round, they are on the list. Didn't you get a link from stonebrewer before?

I was just curious as a few post talked about looking at the open splits sheet and I did not see anything like it. The group buy pricing sheet I have has a list from DC buy 6.

I PM'd stonebrewer perhaps I have an old list that was updated?

I was just curious as a few post talked about looking at the open splits sheet and I did not see anything like it. The group buy pricing sheet I have has a list from DC buy 6.

I PM'd stonebrewer perhaps I have an old list that was updated?

Well, we're on #9 now, so yes, #6 is done.

The new link sends you to the Group Buy folder which always contains the current buy, plus the archives from the previous ones.

Please pm stonebrewer for the link and send him your email address. I don't have yours on file.

Would anyone be interested in a new split, either CAS1034 Château Special B® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) or BRI1053 Briess Extra Special 50 lb? I can only commit to 5 lbs though.

I will also need a sack of
BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

I'm talking to wifey about the rice hulls (at least some of the split) because she was thinking about using that as packaging/shipping material for her soaps :)

Whah! I have so much Special B left, got to use that up first. I looked at Briess' Extra Special before and is an interesting grain, I guess it's their version of Special B.

Let's see if there are any others who want them, and when we want to close this round.

==> I've added your BRI1002.

Using rice hulls as packing filler is a interesting idea, but can be pricey, depending on how much space needs to be filled. It adds weight too. The air filled plastic bags are light as can be, but a bit cumbersome. She probably could use a heat sealer and cheap plastic (produce) bags if there's a way to keep the air in while sealing...

I reuse styrofoam peanuts I've accumulated over the years, but doesn't have the elegance of a natural product.

Whah! I have so much Special B left, got to use that up first. I looked at Briess' Extra Special before and is an interesting grain, I guess it's their version of Special B.

Let's see if there are any others who want them, and when we want to close this round.

==> I've added your BRI1002.

Using rice hulls as packing filler is a interesting idea, but can be pricey, depending on how much space needs to be filled. It adds weight too. The air filled plastic bags are light as can be, but a bit cumbersome. She probably could use a heat sealer and cheap plastic (produce) bags if there's a way to keep the air in while sealing...

I reuse styrofoam peanuts I've accumulated over the years, but doesn't have the elegance of a natural product.

Care to share some of your Special B if you need to get rid of it? I only need a pound or two really.
Wifey also said she'll use styrofoam peanuts for now but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Care to share some of your Special B if you need to get rid of it? I only need a pound or two really.
Wifey also said she'll use styrofoam peanuts for now but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

I sent you a pm on the Special B.

The rice hulls are a nice natural touch though, I'd never thought of that purpose. If she's sending flat-rate boxes, weight doesn't matter much. But they can be a bit dusty, so wrap the merchandise in a plastic bag.

Please add the last 10# of pale wheat (WEY1005) to my 20#, that will close out that split. Thanks.

i'll take 5 pounds of wheat. that leaves 5 pounds to close out the sack.

i should be able to make the Sept 6 date, to help with splits.

Then please remove 5# from my order. This sack is closed out then.

5# for sweetcell
5# for German_HB_Baltimore

Pale Wheat split is now filled and closed. Thank you!

I'd like to see all the other open splits get filled too before too long. I'm willing to take a few more pounds here and there to finalize the deals, but hope others to participate and buy a share if possible. Good grain, it's yummy! And fun!

thanks, that's very generous of you. i somehow missed your post right before mine...

do you need the 10 pounds? i can certainly wait until the next buy if you have plans for those 10#.

I have 25# now, don't need more, just thought I'd help by closing the split. I am happy with you taking the 5#.

Do we have an ETA on the new pickup?

We're still waiting for stonebrewer to report back on the pick-up date. Although Sept 6 was arbitrary, it was not totally off the wall. It's a quiet weekend.

If Sept 6 is indeed going to be the pickup date we DO need to close on Friday and get the order in this weekend.

I know I'm far from essential for this to go down, but I'm all for September 6th. The rest of the month is pretty busy for me, plus I think I'm down to one more brew in my pipeline before I need the grain.

The 6th sounds great to me. If we close it out this weekend, what would be the last day to order? I'm on the fence about throwing another sack on my order, but it might be too much to store.

In the meantime, I'll get on the following splits:

5# Victory
5# Chocolate
5# Honey Malt

Yeah, I'm a slacker! Just sent that email I was supposed to send about a week ago. Hopefully he reports back tonight or tomorrow AM as I will be outta touch for a few days.

The 6th sounds great to me. If we close it out this weekend, what would be the last day to order? I'm on the fence about throwing another sack on my order, but it might be too much to store.

In the meantime, I'll get on the following splits:

5# Victory
5# Chocolate
5# Honey Malt

We would be closing buys Friday at midnight.

Sorry, those 3 splits are not current. Are you looking on the right sheet, buy #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back