Dating young women

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is 10 years younger and 14" shorter then me and she hates it when somebody thinks she's my daughter. I have to admit we are a strange looking couple.

LMAO soccerdad you do have a valid point and thanks for the compliment. I sometimes wonder what she sees in a old duff like me but I never take that for granted. I am a blessed man.

Just celebrated 27 years yesterday. My wife is 6 months older than me. I give her a hard time about it all the time.

As far as dating younger, I couldn't see myself ever dating anyone younger than 35. I think 35 is the perfect age for a woman.

b-boy congrats 27years that's awesome you started dating her when she was 8? To make her 35 today.

Met my first husband when we were 16, married at 20. Three kids and 27 years later we finally divorced.
My new, much better, husband was previously married for 32 years. He's almost 12 years older than I, but we are both in perfect health and don't act like old farts.
He had a bit of insecurity about our age difference as we were dating, but I finally asked him if he really wanted a sixty year old girlfriend. ;)

One thing I can say for certain:

When you're 21, and your girlfriend is 16... neither your parents nor your girlfriend's parents are very happy about it.

Now when you're 40 and want to date a 35-year old, funny how it doesn't matter anymore. But it's too bad she no longer looks the same as she did when she was 16.... (not to mention your own beer belly.....)

I'm 28. I have had 3 relationships in my life: When I was 16 I dated younger a girl (by months, relax) for 5 years. Then I dated another younger girl when I was 22 (that lasted another 4 years). She was also younger.

I am now in a relationship of 2 years and living with a woman 2 years older. She is the best.

Believe me, girls in their younger 20s have serious perks but good relationship are rarely one of them.

I hope I don't sound sexiest.
It's probably not their fault. I had a lot of growing up to do.

She was 19, I was 23.

Only woman I've been with, almost the only woman I've dated.

Been married for 23 years.

The secret to a happy marriage? Not giving in to all the ladies who only want me for my body.

Hahahaha! Too funny! I'm going to have to use that one.

Dating younger women is for younger men.

/lesson learned

Well said.

Had I dated my wife when I was 20 I'd probably just now be getting out of prison as she's 10 years younger than I. In my 30s it's perfect because I'm married to a girl that's as young as what my unmarried friends are chasing and younger that most of my married friends wives. Move forward to my mid 40s and the kids are pre-teen and I'm starting to get back some of that attention I've been missing. Perfect timing because now she's in her prime. Now I'm in my mid 50s. My friends that had wives are now mostly divorced and chasing women my wife's age or even younger . The friends that weren't married are married to women still older than my wife, and me, I'll still have someone who's young enough in her years to hunt down my dentures when I misplace them, wipe my drool and change my diapers.

Had I dated my wife when I was 20 I'd probably just now be getting out of prison as she's 10 years younger than I. In my 30s it's perfect because I'm married to a girl that's as young as what my unmarried friends are chasing and younger that most of my married friends wives. Move forward to my mid 40s and the kids are pre-teen and I'm starting to get back some of that attention I've been missing. Perfect timing because now she's in her prime. Now I'm in my mid 50s. My friends that had wives are now mostly divorced and chasing women my wife's age or even younger . The friends that weren't married are married to women still older than my wife, and me, I'll still have someone who's young enough in her years to hunt down my dentures when I misplace them, wipe my drool and change my diapers.

Its good to have a plan

One thing I can say for certain:

When you're 21, and your girlfriend is 16... neither your parents nor your girlfriend's parents are very happy about it.

Now when you're 40 and want to date a 35-year old, funny how it doesn't matter anymore. But it's too bad she no longer looks the same as she did when she was 16.... (not to mention your own beer belly.....)

One of my close female friends in high school habitually dated college guys. It always felt creepy at the time ("really, you're in college and have to resort to trolling for girls that don't even have their driver's license yet?"). Funny how that same 5-year difference becomes totally normal once both parties are out of school...or at least are legal.

My own dating history is pretty boring. My wife is only a year younger than me. I started dating her when I was 17, married at 24, 31 now.

One of the co-ops at the office told me she thought it would be amusing to see me "spitting game" (she's 20, hence use of the phrase "spitting game"). Yeah, no. I don't know what I'd do if I found myself trying to date again, especially that age group.

I started dating my wife in 1984, she is a year younger. We married in 1986 and this August we will be married 30 years. We are so compatible it's unbelievable. We are really lucky/blessed to have the relationship and three grown kids we have. I think the secret is you have to marry your best friend. I wouldn't have the first clue how to date any more if I some how ended up single.........

One of the co-ops at the office told me she thought it would be amusing to see me "spitting game" (she's 20, hence use of the phrase "spitting game"). Yeah, no. I don't know what I'd do if I found myself trying to date again, especially that age group.

I'll tell you, I had no "game" when I met my wife...

Oddly enough, I think if I had to go into the dating pool now, I'd do much better. I have much more confidence now that I have the perspective where I don't really give a crap.

I'll tell you, I had no "game" when I met my wife...

Oddly enough, I think if I had to go into the dating pool now, I'd do much better. I have much more confidence now that I have the perspective where I don't really give a crap.

No, I know what you mean. I feel far more confident than back then as well. I just can't decide if that confidence is due to age and wisdom, or just the fact that I have nothing on the line in my present situation (since I'm not actively trying to bring any women home with me).

No, I know what you mean. I feel far more confident than back then as well. I just can't decide if that confidence is due to age and wisdom, or just the fact that I have nothing on the line in my present situation (since I'm not actively trying to bring any women home with me).

Having nothing on the line might be a false confidence, yes. :D

I was having a conversation with a buddy the other night about dating young women. (We have a buddy that continually dates young women, sometimes a difference of 10-12 years!)

So the question at hand, how young is too young for you? What's the biggest gap in age in a relationship that you've had?

I've been with my wife for over 20 years, so I have no idea what kind of woman I would date.

My brother in law, however...
As long as I've known my wife, her brother has always dated 20 something year olds. That wasn't a deal when he was just barely 30 himself but now he's 50. Never married, always dates 20 somethings. Then he wonders why it never works out. I told him he should get over those little girls and try dating someone in their 30's-40's.

I was divorced at 29 (married at 22) I turn 68 on the 4th of next month. Have dated women 20 years older, and 20 years younger, and everything in between. Are younger/older women better? I'm not sure yet, but I'll keep you posted as the research continues :eek:

When I got divorced 12 years ago at age 37, I dated quite a few women, ranging in age from 25 to 46. Didn't take long to figure out that, for the most part, the women who were in their mid 30s and up were way less trouble and much easier to keep happy. Most of the women I dated who were 35+ had been through all the drama of the younger years and were done with all the silly ****......most of em......not all but most.

I've been married for almost 10 years now to an awesome woman who is 4 years younger than me, and we couldn't be happier.

Obviously, there are great women of all ages, and plenty of bad ones, too, but if, God forbid, I'm ever in the dating world again, I know exactly which demographic of women I'd be pursuing........or, hell, maybe I'll learn my lesson and become a monk or something.

I'd love to date a woman 1/2 my age, she'd be 25, that would be awesome! At least for a few weeks anyway, after that I think I'd be really tired, but really happy. ;)
Regards, GF.

"Dated" a 20 YO girl for a week when I was 39.

Was screwed over by a 20 YO when I was 40.

Dating young girls isn't worth it - hence my earlier post, "it's for young guys.."

:)

Back