Data logging experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I thought i'd share with you an experiment I did. I wanted to know how many times my freezers were cycling each day.

For work we have these data loggers that measure temperature over time. I used one in my fermenter space (freezer with a ranco). After 1 week, I moved it to my kegerator (same model freezer with another ranco). The fermenter space cycles about once every 15 hours or so according to the software that came with the datalogger. The kegerator is out of control apparently. I need to rethink my control strategy on that one.

Just a be clear, this was measuring the ambient temperature of the space, not the fermenter or the kegs.

Datalog.jpg

Looking at the two plots, it makes me think you have the fermenter's controller probe either in a thermowell or on the side of a vessel full of beer, while the kegerator's controller probe is hanging in free air...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back