Dang, I've been BIZZAY!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since I've been here or since I've brewed. You dudes were right when you said that having a kid will kill my time spent brewing. Tack on some grad school to that, and I have zilch on the freetime-ometer.

So, who's doing what to whom?

Cheesefood said:
So, who's doing what to whom?
Mostly everybody's promoting themselves, tho I think we had a troll or two here last night for a minute...pretty boring stuff really.

El Pistolero said:
Mostly everybody's promoting themselves, tho I think we had a troll or two here last night for a minute...pretty boring stuff really.
Business as usual here Cheesefood! Good to see you back, hope all's okay with you:mug:

I just recenlty got back into brewing after a 35 month hiatus from it. (due to the birth of my 2 lovely children). I came back with cannons ablaze, and migrated from 5 gallons to 10 gallons. The free time will eventually resurface.

Work your priorities, and the beer thing will eventually fall back into place:ban:

Baron von BeeGee said:
Man, this is getting me worried!
Nothing to worry about really...fact is when you watch one of them little suckers come squirting out, it changes you. You have different priorities/interests for a while. Sooner or later you wander back to reality, or move into management. :D

El Pistolero said:

I don't think we are all promoting ourselves... we are just letting our true shelves surface!

鯰  said:
Tell me about it! My wife is set to pop beginning of July. Better start stock piling.

you just have to make clear that you won't give up your hobby, but are willing to make compromises. With extract brewing, you may be able to do it in the evening. Even with AG I'm able to watch my daughter outside if the weather is nice.

Welcome back,

Kai

glibbidy said:
I just recenlty got back into brewing after a 35 month hiatus from it. (due to the birth of my 2 lovely children). I came back with cannons ablaze, and migrated from 5 gallons to 10 gallons. The free time will eventually resurface.

Work your priorities, and the beer thing will eventually fall back into place:ban:
I took a 3 year break from brewing and started back up in January. Now I'm more involved than ever. I really missed it. But I know what everyone is saying. There are so many priorities in life.
Advice to new fathers. Figure out a way to do a batch of home brew now and then. Maybe not as often as you normally brew but once in awhile to create some time for yourself. You wouldn't, of course, do this at the expense of your wife's time because she is going to need her breaks as well. The way I see it, give her a break for a few hours and then she can do the same for you. It really will help both of you adjust to parenthood. You can relax not worry and have a home brew.
Just my .02 worth.

I have a Caramel Vanilla that's been in the Primary for about 2 months now. I'm too damned lazy to bottle it. I don't think I even need to worry about a secondary at this point.

Here's something funny: we're getting estimates on having our basement finished. One of the guys who came by made a comment about my HB gear and said that he'd do a swap with me if he gets the job. Truth be told, he'll probably be the guy who gets the job if we decide to do it. His prices and plans are the best so far.

Well to reduce some of that time spent on HB'ing I think you deserve to purchase a kegging setup. Just tell the wife your HB buds say you deserve it for a job well done procreating.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Getting drunk on HB and squeezing the ol' milkers isn't considered healthy...

you have obviously not been around a nursing mom, don't count on getting anywhere near them, until well after the nipple nibblers have moved on. :D

glibbidy said:
you have obviously not been around a nursing mom, don't count on getting anywhere near them, until well after the nipple nibblers have moved on. :D
Read: ISN'T healthy. My old lady is nursing right now.

I'm so lonely. Oh wait, I have HB! .'/

glibbidy said:

Yup. those babies are OFF LIMITS for about a year. When they are returned to you, they are not quite the same as before. :(

LOL. I've actually got some female friends in CA that got into a squirt-fight.

They were both nursing moms. One of them was young. On her 21st birthday, they arranged for baby-sitters and we all went out to the bars to celebrate.

Well, the yound mom and her sister-in-law (the OTHER nursing mom) went into the bathroom to relieve themselves. I don't mean to tinkle, but to get rid of some milk because they were engorged and it was painful....

Being drunk at the time, it didn't take much for them to start spraying each other with milk in the bathroom.

My wife relayed the story to me since I wasn't allowed in the ladies room.

-walker

Baron von BeeGee said:
Crap. You had me up until the end. :mad:

I know.

And I can't decide if that story is painfully gross, or painfully erotic.

BRB, gotta go to the bathroom....to ahhhh...relieve myself....of something.....can't quite decide what though......

Latest posts

Back