Danby vs. Igloo/RCA Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col224

Reaction score
So my old craigslist Fridge I had converted died. I'm looking for a new fridge to convert into a tower kegerator. My old fridge could only fit 1 Corny inside and I'd like to upgrade to two (and keep my 5# co2 inside). For now it would be nice to have a cold keg "on deck" but will eventually will upgrade to a dual tower...SWMBO willing

Walmart has the FR464 for $119 but it doesn't look like that will fit two kegs without significant modifications to the fridge. I really don't want to dig out any doors/walls/etc if possible.

I found the Danby DAR044A4BDD-3 (4.4 cu) on HD for ~195 and the FR465 (4.6 cu) on Amazon for ~190. I'm torn between the two.

Danby looks like it'll fit two (mod here: http://www.kegkits.com/kegerator4.htm) and this site is riddled with FR465 conversions to fit two kegs

My questions are, are either a significantly better quality fridge? Any discerning factors other than the price and .2 cu difference?

FYI - I've got Ball Cornys and I attached a picture of the inside of my current set up

Attachments

• 20190217_103132.jpg
    20190217_103132.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Back