Danby DCK645BLS stopped working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosalls5

Reaction score
I've had my beloved Danby kegerator for 14 years. and don't want to let go! The temperature read out was at 72 deg. and I knew things were not good. Through the forum I've checked out a few things. I bypassed the compressor and it works. I've check with a multi meter the starter and overheat protector all check out. I replaced the temperature sensor. With a meter I've tested the pc board out and I'm not sure if it's checking out. The temperature sensor plug is showing 4 volts (unit is it plugged in with the temperature & key pad disconnected, method is circuit board pin through the meter to ground) and the key pad pins show 0.4 volts (green wire), 3 volts (yellow wire), 4 volts (red wire) & 4 volts (brown wire). Does this sound right? (I am not an electrician). If this board is ok then off to the key pad & circuit board for the key pad. Any and all comments are welcome! Thanks Bob

Not yet, I ordered a new touch pad ($18 plus shipping) and I'm hoping that is the trick. My touch pad would not go from F to C however it would display the temperature. There is a smaller pc board that goes with this key pad that could be bad, I don't know how to test it ($75). And last on the list is the main pc board ($65) and is hard to get right now. Once I solve the issue I'll pass it on!!

I think I have the same or similar danby kegerator, the temperature control stopped working so I couldn’t adjust it. Does yours have a little thermometer probe like the on the left side under a white grill?
72DB89E3-B17B-4B5A-A744-2E34DB16C1EB.jpeg

I unplugged that and stuck a 2.2kOhm resistor in the plug instead to bridge the connection, and now it thinks it’s always 73°F so the compressor will always be on if it has power. So I put a disposable travel cup of star San in there and put the inkbird probe in there and now it’ll cool to whatever temperature I like hopefully!

Latest posts

Back