Danby DAR044 4 Tap Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh1275

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In order to keep the peace in the house a kegerator upstairs was commissioned... Since I moved to a Picobrew Zymatic, i've been doing smaller batches and 2.5 gallon kegs are a great fit for my batch size. Additionally my local vintner has fruit wines that my SWMBO loves, and we've started putting them on tap (Sangria carbonated, no mixers to water it down!!a wonder chocolate port that we put on nitro in the keezer downstairs...). For those, a 1.75 gallon keg works great for a half case of wine...

So... 2 2.5 gallon kegs and 2 1.75 gallon kegs calls for 4 taps... on a compact fridge! Let the build commence (total elapsed time was about 3 hours)...

The fridge is a costco special, Danby DAR044A6BSLDB model. So a well known model. I have a pair of these in the basement as my fermentation chambers for mini brew buckets from SS Brewtech(brewpi's running those) and they are solid and easy to modify.

Picture 1: placement of the two tower holes, i got a pair of 12" drip trays from AiH (actually all of the parts came from there). I set up the hole centers 4 3/16" in from the sides, and 7" from the back of the fridge.

Picture 2: plenty of clearance front to back and side to side inside the fridge.

Picture 3: Can't forget the foil tape to seal up the holes.

Picture 4: Towers installed. I had to do this twice because my dumba$$ forgot the install the gaskets... The drip trays are loose so they can get tossed in the dishwasher when needed

Picture 5: 9/16" hole for the gas line, harbor freight step bit to the rescue when your largest drill bit is 1/2"...

Picture 6: 4 line manifold, again from AiH just sitting in the back now. I'm debating using some double sided tape to hold it down, but i'll let the thing run for a bit to confirm positioning.. Clearly have some tubing clean up to do.

Picture 7: plenty of clearance to stack the 2.5 gallon and 1.75 gallon kegs. I have a 3d printer on the way, and i'm planning on printing spacers to stack two the kegs with room for the quick disconnects... stay tuned for that. For now i'll just have 2 2.5 gallon kegs. though i may try to jerry rig spacers in the mean time.

Picture 8: I acquired this heat tool from the SWMBO for beer and gas line heating when assembling... She says it was only $10, and i said "well it's free to me..."

So Still have 2 outstanding things, need to trim and tape the door so i can close it with all 4 kegs, and i need to design and print the keg stacking spacers.

Fridge is cooling now and will go live tomorrow.

-Josh

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

Interesting. I have a similar fridge with a four tap tower. I only use two taps with 5 or 2.5 gallon kegs. Maybe someday I will activate the other two taps with 1.75s.

Back