Dammit, it happened again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNatural

The Original, beware of imposters.
Reaction score
As others before me have noted, there is an advantage to gradually acquiring parts so when you change your mind, you don't have to rebuild/replace. But, you do end up with a lot of extra stuff!

First, it was scoring a March 809 and some Asco valves off CL, that led to BG14s toward a JonW type build.

And then the folks in Electric got me jonesing for an E-build. And off I go, meh.

Another CL find has me sitting with 50' each of 1/2" and 3/8" copper, all ready to fab CFC.

The other day, at buddy's shop while he's welding my keggles, he points way up on a shelf and asks me if I have any use for........ 100' of 3/8" SS tubing.

Today's question is, for CFC:

1/2" vs 3/8"?
Copper vs SS?
Will be recirculating BK.

Thought I'd read somewhere about benefits of running wort through copper, something about adding properties that yeast like.
Already using SS for HERMS, so chiller is last chance to add copper to the mix.

Thanks

you have enough there to make two, test and sell the "crappier" one.

I do large batches and went the 1/2" route for my CFC.

1/2" is going to save a bit of time over 3/8" for big batches. Plus bending the stainless is supposed to be pure hell.

Thanks folks. Looks like 1/2" copper is the ticket.

What size hose do you use, 3/4" doesn't seem to leave much room for flow?

Latest posts

Back