Damage to Spa Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stever1000

Reaction score
Question for those electrical gurus:
I ordered a GFCI Spa Panel off ebay, and the GFCI breaker inside was slightly damaged. The plastic piece around the breaker arm, as well as the "test" button was broken. The breaker arm moves freely when I move it manually.

Assuming the only damage is to the "test" button and the plastic, is this GFCI still okay to use?

See pictures for damage:

20151224_112407.jpg

20151224_111422.jpg

20151224_111034.jpg

20151224_110906.jpg

20151224_110848.jpg

The seller sent be a new one already. I was just curious if this is usable to anyone else...bummer it is just trash now

Even if you were to keep it. How would you test it to see if it would really works

I would remove the breaker from the panel and take it to home depot for a damaged item return. They would probably take it with no questions asked.

will it work? maybe but as others have said, not worth the risk. if this work was being inspected, the inspector would fail it on the spot, he wouldn't even entertain you being able to demonstrate that it works.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll definitely play it safe and not use the breaker

No it is not safe to use. The breaker is completely toast. Demand a refund. Replacing just the breaker will be much more money than the SPA panel would cost.

Back