Custom mash tun false bottom generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless_one

Reaction score
Hi!

I am building a DIY electric HERMS system. I use a "Lauterhexe" in my mash tun but sometimes I have a stuck mash issues, so I want to switch the Leuterhexe for a false bottom. The problem is that my mash tun diameter is 344mm and I could not find any commercially available false bottom which would fit my mash tun (at least not here in Slovakia/EU). So I decided that I will make a custom cut false bottom on a CNC laser machine. For that purpose I wrote a realy simple program that can generate the input file for the CNC laser in DXF format. Al you need to do is set some basic parameters of the false bottom (radius, cutout slot dimensions etc.) in the config file and run the program. It will generate a "command" file that you can load in LibreCAD application. And there you go, you have your custom generated false bottom.

Feel free to try it and let me know if you have any thoughts, suggestions, etc.

You can find the source code (I know it is realy "dirty" right now) and the executable file on Github https://github.com/namelessone667/false_bottom_generator
Please read the included readme for full instructions.
Examples of generated false bottoms:
fb2.png
fb1.png

Latest posts

Back