Custom 6-pack carriers, any interest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
I got a good deal on a cnc router so I'm coming up with ways to combine it with my other hobbies.

6-pack carriers are trendy now, so I made a mockup of two different styles. I can easily engrave a name or logo on the side, which looks pretty awesome. I don't like the shape of the upright pieces on the end, so I'll make them prettier later.

So what I ask of you is...

Would you buy one of these?

What would you pay for it?

I can make them out of pvc (like azek deck material, only bright white), wood (oak, pine, etc), plywood, or mdf. Those are in order of cost high to low. What material would you prefer?

Which style? I like the 2nd one since you can see the labels easier, but it ends up being a little longer than the 1st design. The bottles won't fall out of version 2, even though the pic doesn't show it well.

edit:
Looks like a removed a light source in the 2nd version. And I rendered two different sizes. I'm better at designing than rendering.

6pack.png

Ver2.jpg

What about making a cost effective solution for 12 packs or cases? Those darn cardboard boxes don't last long and I have a crap ton of bottles to manage!

The second design is cool and unique... I have seen carriers similar to the first one around $20 without customized engraving. I'm thinking it would be a nice way to share beer, but peeps gotta give them back, for a refill!

I like your first design better, as it looks less likely to break.

You may want to think about making the side rails thinner and raising them up some, they are too beefy right now.

What about making a cost effective solution for 12 packs or cases? Those darn cardboard boxes don't last long and I have a crap ton of bottles to manage!

I have a bunch of milk crates I use for storing bottles. I don't remember exactly what they hold, but it is close to 20 I think.

From the enthusiasm of the responses it looks like I'll just be making a few for myself. Thanks for the responses.

I have a bunch of milk crates I use for storing bottles. I don't remember exactly what they hold, but it is close to 20 I think.

From the enthusiasm of the responses it looks like I'll just be making a few for myself. Thanks for the responses.

I'm not sure what I would pay, but I think the second design is really cool and unique.

Back