Critique my propsoed Blichmann TopTier stand configuration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

724b

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up my Blichmann TopTier stand.

I have two burner tiers, one shelf tier and a March pump bracket.

For the top tier, I'll put one of the burners with a kettle. This will be the HLT.

The other shelf and burner will be at the same level. Approximately high enough to drain directly from kettle to fermenter if it's necessary.

The shelf will have my cooler mash tun, again at the same level as the kettle.

I will need to pump from the mash tun to the kettle. I'll also use the pump for a whirlpool style immersion chiller.

For the March pump and bracket, I'm thinking right under the mash tun shelf.

What do you think?

I just got my top tier stand up last weekend. Going to put the burners, pump and shelf on this coming weekend. This is the exact placement I am going to do.

My only worry is if it's a two batch day and I have one batch boiling while the other is mashing will the lower burner get to hot and cause the mash tun to melt?
I think it should be fine since it will be on the other side of the stand. But I will be doing some testing this weekend.

so, whats the verdict on this setup? I am kind of thinking about going this route too.

Back