Creme Ale - 8 Hours into Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezy

Reaction score
Looks different from any other batch I've done, first time using starter with White Labs Cream Ale Blend - WLP080. Is this normal/infected or what? I'm paranoid ;\:

11eecc0e.jpg

5511ee19.jpg

7d56f01c.jpg

0cfaa16a.jpg

cd48f5b2.jpg

Thanks!

that sure looks odd to me. I have had WLP029 have fermentations with big huge chunks floating around and it turned out fine, but no fermentation I have had looks like this. Fermentations can be ugly, smelly events so I wouldn't make the final judgement until fermentation is over and you taste a sample.

I was ready to come in impatiently and say relax, 8 hours is FAR too short to see an infection. Even thought that is still true I would probably get nervous if I saw that as well.

But to put you to ease, fermentation can vary greatly in the looks. This is the reason I like fermenting in buckets...I can't see anything that would make me nervous haha. it could also be proteins or trub from hops or grain.

Just got home and checked things. All looks normal now, forgive my paranoia haha. Thanks to all for the reassurance!

b526ac0d.jpg

25f6273a.jpg

That looked pretty normal to me...I see "clouds" early on in fermentation quite often.

Back