Cream ale mixed with peaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syd45

Reaction score
Made an all grain cream ale that sat for a week in the primary. Racked it over on top of 5 lbs of pureed canned peaches. On both the primary and the secondary bubbling started fast and ended fast. After 24 hours the activity in the fermenter had slowed to a crawl. After a week it read 1.030 and reads that after 11 days. Just took a reading and had peaches floating on top and suspended in the middle. Am I just being impatient or will this ever start to clear?
Thanks. Syd

just give it some time it, read up on pectin enzimes you may need some of that to get it clear , i dont know for sure never used the stuff but it was the first ting i thought of

Pectinase will help clear it out the haziness, I very much doubt that it would clear any chunks of peach floating around, otherwise you'll just have to wait it out. I've never made beer so I don't know if it's possible, but could you perhaps strain it?

Peaches take a long time to clear, even with pectic enzyme. You may need to rack several times. It might be clear in a few months. Regards, GF.

I have a peach beer recipe I make using the Mr Beer fermenters. It's just
a basic light ale with one can of drained pureed peaches added at flameout.
It ferments out quick but I let it sit for 3 weeks in the fermenter. Not much
peach flavor but it goes down easy like a 3.0 but is actually about 6.0 abv.
A slight amber orange haze but no problems with peach chunks and the girls
really dig it. Oh and it's taste good early, no long conditioning times.

Back