Crazy idea -- fermenting punch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a crazy idea and was wondering if anyone had ever tried fermenting Hawaiian Punch? Seems like it would be tasty if fermented. Maybe just better to add alcohol to punch, though. :)
Anyway, just wondering if anyone had tried it and if so how it turned out? I figure with all the sugar in there, it ought to be fermentable. :)

I am guessing all of the unnatural things in there (preservatives) might cause fermentation issues.

Edit: check this thread out: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/hawaiian-punch-experiment-222335/

Good point. I was thinking more about the powdered, pre-sugared mix, or the "sugar it yourself" powder. Definitely didn't think about the preservatives in the liquid. May even be some in the powder. Have to check. I may try to brew a 1 gallon batch of this just for giggles. :)

In 1970 when all of the ingredients used for punch had real sugar, a college room mate fermented some in a cabinet under the sink at the dorm room. He said it was pretty good. Of course then he would drink Ripple and Boones Farm :)

I've got an empty apple juice gallon jug. I may mix up a batch of punch (the add your own sugar stuff) and give it a shot just to say I did. :)

Latest posts

Back