Craigslist Turkey Fryer and pots...deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_dogg972

Reaction score
I'm getting all of my equipment together and hopefully I'll have my first all grain batch by next weekend. I just got my 10g mash tun assembled, but I need a burner and brew kettle. I've been trolling Craigslist for a while and the closest thing I've found to me is this: http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/for/4076210840.html
Burner, 22qt stainless steel pot, and an unknown sized aluminum pot.
They don't know the size of the aluminum pot (probably 30qt) or the brand of the burner...but stated it's like new. I tried to negotiate a lower price, but they only said they would take $30 for the burner and aluminum pot.
Does anyone think I should pull the trigger on this or recognize the burner? I plan on making 5g batches. I figured even if I can't use the pots maybe the burner would be worth it? My only other option I've found is a $70 deal at Sam's for a 36qt backyard classic turkey fryer.
Cheers!

If you are planning on doing 5 G all grain batches you need a pot at least 2x that size. 8G would be a minimum. I had a burner like that and it was horribly inefficient. Blackened all my pots with a thick layer of soot. Something that size would be good for a 3 G BIAB setup though.

Back