Craigslist is crazy....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sold numerous things on craigslist. Most all have went well and I usually meet in a public place. But the few that have came by my house unknowingly looked at my items while I had a loaded .357 in my back waistline. I take no chances when my lil girls are inside

I just got another email from CL about something I'm selling. You can say NO TRADES in every language and they STILL try and trade stuff.

If he's doing that on CL, I hope he's read this site: E-mails from an *******

Some of the stuff this guys does is insanely funny.

Ok, you get the award of having me spit up my beer, and laughing so hard that I'm about to get sick...all with reading the first entry (the hockey player exchange) at that site!

Oh man, that is SO GREAT! (I'm not sure what it says about me that I like this kind of stuff.)

Ok, you get the award of having me spit up my beer, and laughing so hard that I'm about to get sick...all with reading the first entry (the hockey player exchange) at that site!

Oh man, that is SO GREAT! (I'm not sure what it says about me that I like this kind of stuff.)

The guy that does that site has a crazy sense of humor. I've literally been crying I was laughing so hard.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

E-mails from an ******* (Horse Farm)
E-mails from an ******* (Kittens for my Tiger)
E-mails from an ******* (Kitten rescue)

Sorry if this is getting off topic, but I'm pretty sure he uses Craigslist to solicit/goad/trick all these people (so that should be somewhat on topic!).

That's why I always add "I'm super big and strong, not to be messed with. I punched Mike Tyson in the mouth once, after he woke up crying he just left.".

It's smart to throw that in there.

or this...

Also have extra guns for sale if interested. :D

I guess I've been lucky also. Probably bought/sold 10 things on Craigslist, but haven't had a problem in Grand Rapids.Well there was this one time When I was looking for a mini-fridge to convert to a fermentation chamber. I met this guy in Greenville and I brought a 6.5 gallon bucket with me to see if it would fit in the fridge. I told him I wanted to see if the bucket would fit in the fridge, but he kept asking me "how do you think the fridge will fit inside the bucket." No amount of explaining could make him understand that the bucket went inside the fridge, not the other way around. Needless to say, I never bought that refrigerator. I don't know why he thought I would be trying to put a refrigerator inside a bucket. Oh well, I ended up getting one from a guy that lived on campus at GVSU :ban:, so it worked out well for me.

I am imagining John Cleese on Faulty Towers trying to explain this to Manuel.

"Mr. Faulty, why you want put fridge in bucket??" "It not fit Mr Faulty"

It is amazing what some people will put up with. Feeling inspired I decided to have some fun.....

Mannequin
7 messages

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Are you still looking for one?

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM

yes. *thanks.

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Do you have any requirements for*appearance or style?
[Quoted text hidden]

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:38 AM

No, just need a female mannequin that can be used to model dresses and accesories my friend sells online. *thanks.

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM

Well we have a few options, depending on the accessories:

The first I have is a tall one, and comes with a red wig. It is a little lacking in the breast area, but makes up with it on the rear end if you know what I mean.

The second one is a brunette. I say is a brunette and not a wig because I had to glue the wig on. This one is about 5ft and well rounded all over. It also has holes in the groin and rear, that is why I had to glue the wig on. It's distracting when it keeps falling off.

I will let either go for $50, both will need a really good cleaning. Especially the brunette. Just let me know.

- Tim
[Quoted text hidden]

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Are these actual mannequins? *These would be needed to sell clothes. *Just so we are on the same page. *Thanks

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Yes these are real mannequins. They were originally from JCPenny. I don't see why they couldn't be used to sell cloths, I have just never had any cloths on them. Well actually the red head has had cloths on before, but not the brunette because cloths would defeat my purpose for her.

I'm available anytime this week.

It is amazing what some people will put up with. Feeling inspired I decided to have some fun.....

Mannequin
7 messages

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Are you still looking for one?

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM

yes. *thanks.

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Do you have any requirements for*appearance or style?
[Quoted text hidden]

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:38 AM

No, just need a female mannequin that can be used to model dresses and accesories my friend sells online. *thanks.

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM

Well we have a few options, depending on the accessories:

The first I have is a tall one, and comes with a red wig. It is a little lacking in the breast area, but makes up with it on the rear end if you know what I mean.

The second one is a brunette. I say is a brunette and not a wig because I had to glue the wig on. This one is about 5ft and well rounded all over. It also has holes in the groin and rear, that is why I had to glue the wig on. It's distracting when it keeps falling off.

I will let either go for $50, both will need a really good cleaning. Especially the brunette. Just let me know.

- Tim
[Quoted text hidden]

H, William
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Are these actual mannequins? *These would be needed to sell clothes. *Just so we are on the same page. *Thanks

Tim Mathis
Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Yes these are real mannequins. They were originally from JCPenny. I don't see why they couldn't be used to sell cloths, I have just never had any cloths on them. Well actually the red head has had cloths on before, but not the brunette because cloths would defeat my purpose for her.

Are these actual mannequins?

:rolleyes:

He still wants to buy one. I hope it isn't the brunette, cuz that says all kinds of weird things about him I don't even want to think about

Um, just exactly what was his purpose for the brunette?

I'm officially an idiot. When we needed new furniture for the apartment we moved into we went to the homes of people in Queens, sometimes during the day and sometimes not, in whatever part of town they were in. Just got really lucky that they were all normal people.

That's actually a smart way to do it.

I usually conclude my craigslist transactions in a Lowe's parking lot under a camera in the daylight as I just don't want strangers coming to the house.

I think it makes both parties feel more safe.

I can't believe how scared of strangers you guys all are! I blame the media for leading people to believe they are in imminent danger all the time. Where is the faith in humanity?

I have never ever had a problem having people come to our house or going to someone else's house to buy and sell things. It's just the way things are done, 'round here anyways.

StittsvilleJames said:
I can't believe how scared of strangers you guys all are! I blame the media for leading people to believe they are in imminent danger all the time. Where is the faith in humanity?

I have never ever had a problem having people come to our house or going to someone else's house to buy and sell things. It's just the way things are done, 'round here anyways.

Its not that we are scared. My family is exposed to enough potential dangers without me inviting more in. Like I said I had someone from craigslist return and rob my place.

As for faith in humanity I lost that a long time ago.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G using Home Brew Talk for Android

I'm in the middle of a craigslist experience right now. this guy has been saying he's on the way for 4 hours and he lives in town. ridiculous.

I have friends that do the same thing. On my way usually means, "I'm about to SS&S, maybe fall asleep for 20 minutes, eat something, stretch, do some general calisthenics, you know gotta stay fit, then if I find myself in the car and nothing distracts me on the way over there I will be there.".

I have blackmail on all of friends for the express purpose of avoiding this. "Ok, see you in a half hour. After 45 minutes I tell Rob about that bachelorette party in 2006. Glad we understand each other."

I dont have many friends.

I have friends that do the same thing. On my way usually means, "I'm about to SS&S, maybe fall asleep for 20 minutes, eat something, stretch, do some general calisthenics, you know gotta stay fit, then if I find myself in the car and nothing distracts me on the way over there I will be there.".

These people wont stop calling and emailing. It's been like two days already. WTF! I probably could've charged double.

Back