Craig's List Wins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got fridge 6 kegs, co2 bottle, 4 taps, manifold, 30 packages of hops, 2 5 gallon buckets, tons of keg fittings , $350!

We got two plastic 6 gallon, carboys, several of those really nice case-sized corrugated plastic storage boxes that they no longer make, a bunch of long neck bottles, some Krolsch bottles, and some miscellaneous stuff from a guy who was moving, for about $25 as I recall.

Last summer I bought about five cases of used bottles for $20, and earlier I bought a 10 gallon pot with a burner for $75.

Just purchased this AG setup on ebay for 130 bucks. Originally shipping was not included and shipping this from CA to me in IL was 45, got him to pay shipping.

Then a buddy of mine who quit brewing gave me his 8 gal kettle which was my missing piece for AG brewing. Just used the kettle for my last extract kit, now I'm going AG. Woohoo!

s-l1600.jpg

Resized_20170903_163309_3966.jpg

Craigslist win: Lab Grade Temp/Humidity/Light controlled chamber with Touchscreen and ability to program a profile for all 3 variables for $300. My new fermentation chamber.
20161213_120328.jpg

Got a second (with broken touchscreen) for $100, with working compressor. Gonna be a kegerator.

Craigslist win: Lab Grade Temp/Humidity/Light controlled chamber with Touchscreen and ability to program a profile for all 3 variables for $300. My new fermentation chamber.
View attachment 413100

Got a second (with broken touchscreen) for $100, with working compressor. Gonna be a kegerator.

Nice work! I'm envious. Trying to find a mini fridge that will hold a carboy for under like $80 but not having much luck.

Dude, that chamber is wasted on fermentation... Start making salami! Either way, congrats, wow.

My best was 6 corny kegs and 2 March pumps for $50. It was actually more stuff for more money but I sold what I didn't want and made almost all the money back.

Dude, that chamber is wasted on fermentation... Start making salami! Either way, congrats, wow.

My best was 6 corny kegs and 2 March pumps for $50. It was actually more stuff for more money but I sold what I didn't want and made almost all the money back.

Agreed. I'm not stopping at fermentation of beer. When it isn't used for Beer, hopefully I'll have Cheese, Meats or Shiitake mushrooms in there. It goes from ~34 to 105 degrees F.

I scored the following a year ago and have been using it happily ever since.
6 pin lock kegs
20#CO2 tank. Had recertified and filled.
Cornelius regulator. Had sonic cleaned and rebuilt.
2 Coca Cola taps with shanks. Have not used them.

Got all of it for $200

Picked up a free fridge kegerator with a perlick tap and regulator last weekend. Well, had to give a scrapper $10 to get the tap and regulator back. They already pulled them off by the time I got there.

Let Go app - turkey fryer with 8 gallon pot, 4 cases of bottles, capper, bottling bucket, bottle filler, about 100 caps, hydrometer, and some other goodies for $40.

Offer Up - chest freezer to convert to fermentation chamber. Does not have a hump and can hold four 7 gallon Fermonsters. $50.

Pawn shop - a second turkey fryer and 8 gallon pot new, $20.

This site - Cooler mash tun, 10 gallon pot, 6 gallon carboy, copper immersion chiller, 10 gallon pot and a very nice bango burner. $60.

About 6 cases of free bottles.

scored a mini fridge modified into a two tap kegerator that included co2 holder, shanks, lines, and ball lock liquid qds for $60 in june/july.
*edit* i also just scored a lagering fridge for 80; came with an stc 1000, heater, and independent fans for heating and cooling. the guy had moved the compressor, flipped the fridge on its side, and built a new floor and insulated walls so that it is a mini fridge that has been converted to a deep freezer style; fits two carboys. oh and he threw in a free 5 gallon carboy.

So not a Craigs list win this time but a Goodwill score! Went in right before Christmas for a gift card (my daughter's love shopping there) thought I'd look around and saw not one but two Mr Beer kegs! I've been looking for some so I can split some batches and try different yeasts or fruit, anyway there was 2 kits in the kegs, so for $6 I got 2 kegs and a batch of beer. I had some WLP 001 in the fridge and I'll dry hop it with some fresh hops and have a nice drinking pale ale in a few weeks.

Wasn't from CL, got it from a garage sale down the street from me, a chest freezer that'll hold 2 carboys for $35. Works perfectly with the temp controller and the fermentation heat wrap!

Just picked up a newer 7.0cuft chest freezer for $40 on offer up. Now I can use it as a kegerator, and my 5.0 will be my fermentation chamber.

No more waiting for a keg to kick, to brew again.

corny kegs $20, glass carboys $10, Full 20 lb Co2 w/regulator $40,
Keggle mash tun w/stainless false bottom, spigot and insulation $60
Then a bunch of free stuff was thrown in including a PH meter, a lab quality sample agitator that cost $1600 new, a bucket full of kegging accessories, worth over $150 new, and lots of other stuff. The guy was leaving the country and it all had to go.

Last week I got a brand new, full, 50# CO2 tank from a guy on Craigslist for $220. They go for $475 locally. The guy has a steady supply. Might need to get another.

corny kegs $20, glass carboys $10, Full 20 lb Co2 w/regulator $40,
Keggle mash tun w/stainless false bottom, spigot and insulation $60
Then a bunch of free stuff was thrown in including a PH meter, a lab quality sample agitator that cost $1600 new, a bucket full of kegging accessories, worth over $150 new, and lots of other stuff. The guy was leaving the country and it all had to go.
Was this the ad I saw on CG from Danville, KY? I was going to call but was too late.

Damn, I'm throwing $$ around like a gringo compared to you all. Before I read this nonsense I was pretty happy about getting a MW102 pH meter, Lamotte water test kit, stir starter stir plate and Kimax 2L flask, a bunch of petri dishes, test tubes, pipettes, loops and a Chris White yeast book all for $75. I was feeling pretty good because I would have spent that on the MW102 (which is what I was specifically searching for). :mug:

Kegorator kicked the bucket day before yesterday. Found another one on craigslist for $60. Picked it up yesterday morning and had everything from the old one transferred to the new one before lunch.

Turns out they are the exact same freezer just different brands, so the collar was already perfect.

34307719_1810378455686079_2962218916618698752_o.jpg

Over the last few weeks I've had a couple more wins. First one was 2 ball locks....for free!

And the second was 2 keggles, 2 stands with burners, 5 ball locks, 1 3 gallon ball lock, 2 converted Sanke frementers, 10lb Co2 tank and 100ft stainless coil for a jockey box all for $100.

20180611_180513.jpeg
20180602_114030.jpeg

Guy was getting out of the hobby. $200 for the lot below. Not pictured is the used Bayou burner, a 6 gallon carboy, and 2 cases of bottles.

Bayou burner, Stir Starter, 1 liter flash, bench capper, grain mill, bottle tree, 8lbs PBW, starsan 32oz, refractometer 7.5 gal kettle, 6 gallon carboy, yeast nutrient, 2 cases bottles.

How did I do?

IMG_20180622_214808.jpg

Last edited:
God damn. That is a deal.

But some lotto tickets for chrissake

Back