Countertop Brutus 20 build w/ immersion chiller...help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jramirez126

Reaction score
I want to make the step from extract to AG brewing and looking for some advice. I've taken JKarp's CB20 idea (thank you JKarp!) and modified it in a way to be able to recirculate cold water from the MLT through a custom immersion chiller plumbed in the BK instead of using running water during the chill. I still want to use gravity to flow from the MLT to the BK and I only want one pump (Just like JKarp's). The only flaw that i have noticed is the hop stopper (made by theelectricbrewery.com) that i want to use to filter out liquid/hop trub after the boil. I'm afraid it will have an affect during the mash circulation. I would really like some feedback before i invest time and money into my idea. Sorry for the ghetto scanned pictures (ps the sight glass will not be mounted directly below the heating element mount, just a lack of drawing ability). Thanks in advance.

CB20parts-1.jpg

CB20MashSetup.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/jramirez12686/CB20ChillSetup.jpg

the only question is about the hop strainer? shouldnt slow anything down i guess...

Back