Count Chocula Beer......... really?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems a bit ridiculous to add it at that stage... why not add it to the mash? It might actually be good in a stout or porter...

Or how about a Boo-Berry Lambic? :D

Sounds gross to me but if I were going to do it I agree that putting it in a hopback, or dry hopping in general, would be the way to do it. Still, ew.

Ha! This is hilarious! I have a recipe for a chocolate oatmeal stout I named "Count Chocula's drunken oatmeal stout".

Didn't think to actually use the cereal in the recipe though...

There was an issue of BYO a few years ago that had recipes for brewing with different cereals. I can't remember which one it was exactly, but a friend tried the one with crunch berries.

Funny, I was just listing to the radio and the DJ's just mentioned that they are getting a bottle of the Count Chocula Beer to try on air tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear how it tastes.

As for other cereal beers, how about Fruit Loop IPA?

If you want flavor from the cereal I would definitely say "dry cerealing" would be the way to go..

There was a basic brewing video a while back where they made a Frankenberry beer. They added it to the mash, if I remember right fermentation took away all the Frankenberry flavor.

That would totally work. I've done a Captain Crunch PB stout. Cereals these days have so much preservatives in them that the flavors stays in the beer even after the boil and fermentation

Just had a Tootsie Roll Rye from Brewery Ferment at the Michigan Fall Brewers Guild Festival in Detroit Last Friday, I thought it was amazing, had the color of a tootsie roll and of course the distinct flavor

Back