cost savings measures that you have implemented

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaybird, that sounds like a realy cool contraption. Do you have a picture of it?

PUR water filter instead of spring water. We had the filter, I just never thought about using it until I started looking for ways to cut batch costs.

kpr121 said:
I was thinking you would say EEB. I have never been, but I do like their beers. Maybe I should go check them out soon.

Yeah they are pretty convenient for me. I am close to the growler shop and my kids baby sitter is not far from the brewery. The growler prices are just right. Doesnt make profit off of the growlers, the glass themselves I mean. 3 bucks. I recommend going down when he releases the wheat wine. It will go fast. I had the barley wine on cask and it was amazing. The only barely wine I have liked so far.

I like Full Pint and Voodoo (Meadville) a lot too. Finally some good local brew in the Burgh.

While I do buy two row and pale ale malt in bulk, saving money on a batch isn't a high priority. I'm more interested in doing things that will save time on brew day.

i made a filter for my water. saves about eight dollars a batch

I do the same, in addition when we cool our wort I send the water from the cooler through the filter into the carboy to clean and sanitize it.

I just fill my kettle the night before. The tap water is decent but letting it sit, the chlorine will evaporate.

Back